We know someone grew up in the 1970's...

by greendawn 27 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

No seatbelts

DDT

Shawn Cassidy

bell bottoms getting stuck between bike wheel spokes

headbands

posters with kittens saying "hang in there"

Elvis

• juni
    juni

Permed hair for both men and women.

Avocado green, Harvest gold, and orange being the colors of the day.

White loafers for men.

Wide ties.

Pet rocks.

Granny glasses.

Flaired pants.

Macrame plant hangers w/a lot of green plants in your home

Macrame purses

Dannon yogurt

Juni

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    posters with kittens saying "hang in there"

OMG, I forgot about those... my sister had one hanging in our bedroom!!

Kojak... Fame... Rocky Horror Picture Film (is that what it was called?).... All of which I was not allowed to watch.

No remote controls.. you had to actually rise from the sofa to change the channel.

Station wagons with the 'very back', where all the kids sat (with no seatbelts on.)

GGG

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

They remember that music was record on black 12" diameter discs, known as LPs.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

bought their music on Albums..to play on a record player or hi-fi had a crush on one of the Hudson Brothers...... Davey Jones ......... played pong....... went on first date at the local Skate Land ........ Remembers when Hardee's was Mr. Quick........ thought mood rings were serious jewelry .......... said things like Right ON , Heavy Man , Far Out...... Knew it was wrong for a JW brother to wear any colored shirt other than white........ wore matching teardrop with bar across the top glasses that turned dark in sunlight.... snuck out of the house to dance at a Disco..........

• daystar
    daystar
    Rocky Horror Picture Film

The Rocky Horror Picture Show still plays in many areas, late nights, with people acting out the entire show down in front.

Here is a fan site.

"Damn it, Janet! I love yoooooo....."

If you've never seen it live, I would highly recommend going sometime to get your cherry popped.

• morty
    morty
    remember that music was record on black 12" diameter discs, known as LPs.

I laughed when i read this....My kids refer to them as "old Fashion cd's"....lol

Hardy Boys

Bay City Rollars

Sound of Music (?) was that 70's?

Bad Perms

Banana seats on bikes ( with the tassels on the handle bars)

my dad's 72 wagon

blue & Green eye shadow ( that seems to be back in)

hair wigs

bell bottoms

Adidas running shoes with the 3 blue strips (?)

homemade dresses ( my mom made them for me and my sister for the king-dumb hall)

Meat Loaf ( bat out of hell), Sonny & Cher, Abba, Frank Zappa

Smurfs

Cookie Crip Cereal

Popeye(?) was he 70's?

Wait Till Your Father gets Home ( T.V show)

I could go on forever on this thread....lol

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

Stevie Wonder Innervisions .....Earth, Wind and Fire.....Roots mini series

Drinking age reduced in Illinois to 18....big mistake.....lasted about two years...

Picking up my future wife (Restrangled) at her JW home, buying a bottle of wine and Dorito's (brand new product) and heading out to the Forest Preserves.

A little wine and a lot of freedom. More than enough for an evening of fun with your best friend.

Also McDonald's introduced the Big Mac.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

They believed the world was going to end in 1975

• cathyk
    cathyk

Elton John, Billy Joel (just starting out), John Denver (Rocky Mountain High; Poems, Prayers, and Promises; Annie's Song); Afro picks, Afros even on white people (like me :-)), platform shoes, Earth Shoes; miniskirts went out and mid-length skirts were in (thank God); trips to Rockaway Beach and Rye Playland with friends, the Rose Dance at my high school, the senior prom, my first years of college ...

Gosh I feel old ...

Cathy

www.oldlighthousebooks.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit