We know someone grew up in the 1970's...

by greendawn 27 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

"If they are well acquainted with the lyrics of the "Grease" soundtrack, weren't allowed to see the omen or the excorcist, had a massive Video player at home, can't recall using mobile phones, they know who killed JR." And what else?

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Roller skating while carry a Huge radio next to your head

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

pogo sticks were FUN!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Wore polyester pants...

Know how to Disco...

Have a poster of Farrah Fawcett...

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Chopper bikes with the gear stick on the frame, so that you jagged your nuts if you fell forward. (if you had nuts to jag).

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

Donny Osmond, Bobby Sherman and Gilbert O'Sullivan. HR Puffinstuff. Schwinn bikes with bananna seats.

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

LOL Katie!

• restrangled
    restrangled

No facial hair in the WBTS, roller skating disco...cringing to admit this was my downfall. "The bump" of course danced to the song "Shining Star."... I was a big dancing person.

Never into the ployester leasure suits or anyone who who would wear one.

Big collars on guys shirts, chunky heeled shoes, (ie: Platforms) Long wild hair, side burns, jeans that were decorated, always boot cut.

There was no internet, and the 8 track was still pretty big.

Cable TV was unheard of, much less computers.

Sounds like the dark ages, doesn't it?

r.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

OMG Stealyourface, I totally forgot about the HUGE crush I had on Bobby Sherman from the tv show "Here come the brides."

• daystar
    daystar

"Disco sucks!"

Banana seats, skateboards with rock wheels and were shaped like mini-surfboards, Mr Yuck, don't lick stamps!! (angel dust), Jodie Foster!!, Herbie the Love Bug, Escape from Witch Mountain, Star Wars..., Captain and Tennille!, plastic smiley face cups, The Bee Gees!, Logan's Run, Jaws, Silent Running!

The "gas shortage", ice cream trucks, playing cards in the spokes of your bike, cap guns... ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit