If U Don't Go To All The Meetings & Conventions You're Not Jehovah's Friend

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I agree with Mary... I'd like to hear some scriptures to back THAT one up... sheesh, the least she could do is come up with an out-of-context-one!

What a butt-head.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Oh BROTHER!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L.L.

• minimus
    minimus

She is NOT a "loudmouthed blowhard". She actually is very mild tempered and almost "singsongy". Personally, I could never stand the woman but I have to admit I believe she's a genuine believer.

• juni
    juni

Those "types" that are so gung-ho, sugar sweet, wear rose-colored glasses to the extreme that they are out of touch with reality. They're too chirpy in my opinion - sometimes it crosses over to self-righteousness. Usually somewhere in their psyche they have a problem dealing w/adversity and it's masked w/this kind of attitude.

They are setting themselves up for a long fall.

Juni

• minimus
    minimus

I believe she's "self righteous" but once again, I must admit, she's as close to the "perfect Witness" as anyone I've ever known EXCEPT for one little dirty family secret. It has been alleged that the olderst son, now in his 40's used to sexually molest his sisters but most of these allegations were "dealt with" before I got to that congrgation.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I agree with Mary... I'd like to hear some scriptures to back THAT one up...

I think the one the WTS uses to enforce mandatory meeting attendance is in Hebrews where it says "not to forsake the gathering of yourselves together as some have the custom." Of course the bible never specified FIVE meetings a week, assemblies, special assembly days and conventions that are also mandatory for all breathing JWs to attend.

The good little obedient and loyal JWs listen to what the WTS SEZ......cuz they are TOLD that "this pleases Jehovah"and the rest is history.

You seldom hear the WTS cite the scripture to the JWs (OR in their litter-ature) where Jesus says "where two or three are gathered in MY name I am there also".....

...I wonder why that is????

Annie

• delilah
    delilah

The good little obedient and loyal JWs listen to what the WTS SEZ......cuz they are TOLD that "this pleases Jehovah"and the rest is history.

uh-huh....true dat, Sunspot!! Like Mary said too, what will this woman think, if suddenly, she cannot make all the meetings and service and an assembly here and there, due to illness ? What will she think then, when someone says the same thing to her, in that case?!

Even God knows better than to say that.....sheesh!!!!! These people are a god unto themselves, that's the problem. They judge, and make assinine remarks that God himself hasn't even made in his bible.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Who wants to be jehovah's friend? Christians are supposed to belong to Christ with their lives centring around him. Even so there is no biblical backing that one should attend an x number of meetings each week. I believe the early Christians met for worship once per week.

• chiddy
    chiddy

yeah who wants to be Jehoobahs ******ing friend ? and as for Sister shit for Brains let her rot in hell

• xjwms
    xjwms

W E L L

All - righty - then.

She is all attitude. Met many like her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit