If U Don't Go To All The Meetings & Conventions You're Not Jehovah's Friend

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

So said an elder's wife who is considered the most respected sister in the congregation. She said this at my mom's bookstudy where many elderly attend. When my mother told me what the elder's wife has said, I said, "Well, it's better to know now where you stand with Jehovah than later, I guess". Due to physical limitations, my mom can't attend assemblies anymore and maybe 1 meeting per week. At least she now knows she doesn't have to kill herself for Jehovah.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    At least she now knows she doesn't have to kill herself for Jehovah

Unless she needs blood...

• Mary
    Mary
    If U Don't Go To All The Meetings & Conventions You're Not Jehovah's Friend

Can this brain dead sister back up her outlandish claims with a scripture or two? No? Didn't think so......what a moron!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Can this brain dead sister back up her outlandish claims with a scripture or two? No? Didn't think so......what a moron!

Nahhhh.....of course not!

If the WTS SEZ it.....it has to be TRUE!!!

It keeps them busy and occupied with WTS matters and leaves no room for a LIFE.....just the way the WTS intends it.

• Quandary
    Quandary

On what scripture did the elderette base her comment? What meetings did Abraham attend? As I recall he is the only one in the Bible referred to as God's friend.

Q

• Warlock
    Warlock

So, I guess that sister who was in an iron lung is never going to see the paradise she looked forward to.

You remember that story/profile don't you? I know of a sister who developed Alzheimers. I guess she's doomed, also. I'm a walking dead man, then.

Warlock.

• Quandary
    Quandary

Mary, I just realized you had already asked the same question.

• minimus
    minimus

If it were possible, this pioneer sis would've been Presiding Overseer. She's the perfect Witness. She has an elder husband who regularly praises her on the platform and in his comments. Children were in district work, Bethelites, etc. Everyone but one blacksheep son is an elder or elder's wife or missionary. I'm sure the sister heard the Circuit Assembly program about "doing more because the END is imminent".

• mama1119
    mama1119

Thats a pretty bold statement. Sounds like she might be in a cult.

• minimus
    minimus

Mo mama. She's a Jehovah's Witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit