Walmart Rage (MeLTdOwN)

by MsMcDucket 64 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    MsMcD: Thanks for not beating me down for being an angry woman.

No problem. Go get your rage on, Madea. I was just sitting here imagining the scene stuck into a Tyler Perry movie, that's all.

I hope that got you smiling.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Some of the people who shop at Sainsburys, which is where we prefer to shop, are like that, blocking aisles to gossip etc. You say excuse me to get past them, and they just stare at you, as if you're in the wrong.

I don't balme you for being angry, MsMcD, I would have been.

• Amazing
    Amazing

MsMcDucket,

I sympathize with your experience, and clearly these people were rude to you. However, what does their race or yours have to do with it? Or what does the fact that it took place in a WalMart have to do with it, such that you would refer to them as these WalMart people. You were in Walmart, does that make you one of "those" people.

Racism begins to end by stopping the connection of people's race to their actions. Unless she made racist remarks, which you did not report, then this was simply about rude people, regardless of race.

Currently, in one of my university classes, I have a professor from Nigeria. She is such a pleasure to learn from, because she does not have attitude and a racial chip on her shoulder. She does not comprehend being racist. I long for the day when all races will finally be able to work together and enjoy one another without the slightest thought of the color of ones skin,

Jim Whitney

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

All I can say is YAY TARGET AND KROGER!

**hands MsMcDucket a cookie**

Spending a few extra dollars somewhere else is well worth my sanity to me.

~luv, jojo

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Wal-Mart is notorious for the people it seems to call out of the woodwork. All normal social conventions are left at the door there. Its perfectly OK for children to behave in any manner which pleases them, even if it means screaming at the top of their lungs, tearing items off the shelf and throwing them at other shoppers. Or for teenage and pre-teen girls to roam around with their asses and guts hanging out as if being fat defined their self-worth. Or elderly people who seem to have forgoten that they were no longer in bed, wearing their robes and jammies, plowing through the crowds, leaving a wake of foul body odor. And best of all, the employees who look like their night job is manufacturing meth.

OK, OK, this is pretty harsh. But every time I get suckered into going to Wal-Mart for the "low prices" I regret it. I just end up with a whole lot of shit I don't need in my shopping cart and encounters with marginal society which I wish I could say didn't bother me, but what the hell... marginal society bothers me.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

OMG I thought it was a local Walmart issue!!! We call Walmart, Dorkmart. I have kids and a tight budget, so I do shop there. But the weirdos outnumber the normal people by far. I am always looking around laughing at people who just look SO ridiculous--their hair, their clothes, it's way worse than shopping at the Dollar store--which I go to also but hate it. The dollar store has a lot of drug addicts and homeless crazy people who shop there--I won't go there at night.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This is one of the reasons I try to avoid Walmart. I'm not sure why, but Walmart tends to attract people who are lacking in social graces.

Target, on the other had, tends to attract more civilized people along with a disproportionate number of cute little hotties. The hotties alone are worth paying the slightly higher prices.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Just strolling along, pushing my cart, minding my own business is a way to irritrate a lot of these so called " folks". I was in the banana section just the other day and wouldn't you know it this " person" with their khaki clad kids wearing Steve Irwin, "Wildlife Warrior" buttons proceeded to knarl their way between me and the Chiquitas I was after

Stop! You guys are killin' me!

Currently, in one of my university classes, I have a professor from Nigeria. She is such a pleasure to learn from, because she does not have attitude and a racial chip on her shoulder.

Yes, but is she black? Or what? We need to know this so that we can properly frame our response.

• lola28
    lola28
    I'm really pissed, so I make sure that I did the exact damn thing that she did to me to her.
    What ever happened to treating people the way you want to be treated!
    Perhaps you already answered your own question.

I'm with Arthur on this one, if it was wrong for them to be so rude to you, why would you repond in kind? You went back to those women and continued the whole thing, what a waste of time and energy. I'm sorry to say this but you are just as rude as they are.

Lola

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Excuse me, but have you ever come to Germany for shopping? The US are a polite paradise compared to the war you experience in German retail. I used to have a boss from the US and her husband really hated shopping in Germany. People would bump into him with their trolleys. No "Have a great day." When I was in the US I really enjoyed shopping there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit