Do you believe that you are the only ones that will be saved?

by truthseeker 24 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm

Do you believe that you are the only ones who will be saved?

No. Many millions who have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah's Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have an opportunity for life. Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before God's time of judgment, and they will gain salvation. Moreover, Jesus said that we should not be judging one another. Humans look at the outward appearance; God looks at the heart. He sees accurately and judges mercifully. God has committed judgment into Jesus' hands, not ours.?Matthew 7:1-5; John 5:22, 27.

Zephaniah says: "Before there comes upon you people the burning anger of Jehovah, before there comes upon you the day of Jehovah's anger, seek Jehovah, all you meek ones of the earth . . . Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you may be concealed in the day of Jehovah's anger." ( Zephaniah 2:2, 3 )

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/120812/1.ashx

Many have lost their sense of urgency, and stopped going to meetings. The DO asked: 'What will happen to them in Jehovah's day of fury?' The answer was found at Luke 21: 34-36. Those who withdraw will be 'ensnared not spared'

This really says it all in a nutshell.

Truthseeker

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

This is key...

Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before God's time of judgment, and they will gain salvation.

Translation...

Many now living may yet become Jehovah's Witnesses before God's time of judgement, and they will gain salvation.

So to answer the question, "Do you believe that you are the only ones that will be saved?" the answer is "yes."

As far as this part...

Many millions who have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah's Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have an opportunity for life.

Translation...

Many millions who have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah's Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have the opportunity to become Jehovah's Witnesses or die again.

• vitty
    vitty

So really, if all those millions of people who have died in the past, are going to be resurrected on earth, what was the point. All the past centeries of pain and suffering and death. Why didnt God sort it out sooner ,rather than wait for a tiny, miniscule amount of people like the JWs to be saved. Ridiculously childish reasoning.................however did I believe it ! And of all the people in the world he chose them........I dont think so

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Fortunately for all the JW missing their meetings now, the end won't come in their lifetimes, so they can be among the millions that are resurrected. Yes, what a waste of time in my life. PT Barnum, thanks for your insight. I won't be a sucker again.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It becomes obvious that the only way to short-circuit this INTENTIONAL MISDIRECTION is to ask,

"Who will survive Armageddon?"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It becomes obvious that the only way to short-circuit this INTENTIONAL MISDIRECTION is to ask,

"Who will survive Armageddon?"

"All of humanity will have a complete opportunity to learn what God's purposes are for mankind, so that will be answered according to God's judgement. It is not our place to answer questions like that."

Spinning and not answering is a time-honored tradition. Intentional misdirection will continue.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There was a question from readers in the 1960s that said some non-Witnesses may survive Armageddon.

Slim

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I would like to see that slimboy fat -

Could it possible be those unbaptised publishers who were not able to get baptized before the big "A" ?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

It is easy to assume what is found here...

http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm

...comes after anything written since the 1960s, so would the statement found on the JW website be new light?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I used to believe that faithful jws who were doing all they could when armageddon came were the only ones with a certain hope of salvation, but jehovah may choose to preserve others alive if they were right - hearted for receiving our message, but due to whatever circumstances hadn't had a chance to hear it adequately to make a decision.

Nowadays, I don't even believe that there's going to be an armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit