I'm so Naughty! I pretended to be a JW to get a sale.

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 41 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    1. I said that I was raised a witness (truth)
    2. Was planning to be baptized soon (never said as a WITNESS )
    3. My whole family are jw. (truth)

Where is the lie?

You guys kill me...

Ya'll think it's okay to act this way?:

As much as it sickens me, I said that I was raised a witness and was planning to be baptized soon, and my whole family are jw. WHAM! Closed 'em. The wife said over and over how bad things are, the world is so bad, that everything is sooo bad, and the governments are bad and there are bad diseases, and there is war, to which I added, "that's bad". They're nothing if not motivational.

I find this behavior dishonest and shallow. Forget what religion the couple was. I'm trying hard to not lump all car salesmen into one dishonest lump...because believe it or not, I've met some good ones. And since there are good ones who are honest and make a decent living, why would someone feel the need to misrepresent themselves to make a sale...unless they aren't good enough to do so on their own merit.

• undercover
    undercover

How did the poster do that? They sold them a f*cking CAR! Did they haul them out back and beat them? Did they just punch them in the face? Did the throw them out of the dealership John Denver style? Throw gasoline in their faces? Spit in their coffee? Crap in their donuts? Pour sugar in the gas tank of the new car? Wrap a plastic bag around their muffler? Break the windshield? Intentionally void their extended warranty?

He lied and misrepresented himself. Hell, the name of the thread is "I pretended to be a JW to get a sale". That's misrepresentation in my book.

If he was honest he would have said, "I used to be a JW (or "I was raised a JW" or "I used to study", whichever is most true) without the pretending to still believe in it and then they would still have that 'common ground', but instead he "pretended" to be something he's not...in short, he lied. He fucking lied to make a sale. He was dishonest and deceitful.

They found COMMON ground and sold them a f*cking CAR! Its what GOOD salesmen (and women) DO! I would debate as to whether they even lied based on what they SAID. I see no lies but I guess with your sh*t colored glasses you do. That's a hell of a negative attitude to haul around all the time and having NO sense of humor must be tough! But hey, I don't have to live with you so you go for it.

A good salesperson doesn't have to misrepresent themselves or lie to make a sale.

Negative attitude? A guy lies to make a sale and brags about it and I disagree with his tactics and I've got the negative attitude? That's rich.

When it comes to this kind of salesmanship, I don't have a sense of humor, no.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Your pathetic...

• undercover
    undercover
    Your pathetic...

Nice...

Nothing like an ad hominem attack to make your point.

• pcecilia
    pcecilia

perpetuating mistruths in any fashion is what hurts the human race... this whole board is comprised of individuals who have been utterly devastated by lies... in the same position, i would make a lasting effort to avoid any further lies in my life... whether they be ones i tell, or ones told to me...
    i can understand this general discussion could be a touchy one for some around here... but it was not my intention to initiate conflict...

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

pcecilia

I have no problems with your posts! They are written in a thought provoking way and are respectful. This is how a discussion board should be: people with differing points of view discussing their ideas as mature adults.

Doesn't always happen though!

Peace to you and you're welcome to post on my thread anyday!

The Pope

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Hey there's a carpet place near here owned by JW's. They give a standard 10% or 15% discount to brothers. I've often tossed up whether I should say I'm a JW to get the discount?

I am not DA'ed or DF'ed, just faded.

Would that be lying???

Pope

• mama1119
    mama1119

I did this before, and it did come back to me. I used to work in the cosmetics department of a high end retailer, and I had this Mom and Daughter come in for makeup. They seemed lovely and we had a great time. I was pregnant and DF, and was just getting ready to close the sale, which was HUGE (especially for dubs) and they started talking to me about a convention they were going to this next weekend and then I saw the blood card in the wallet. They told me they were JW and all the JW stuff they were suppossed to say etc. Well, I never said anything about me also being a witness, I nodded my head, said it sounded interesting etc. Well, the weekend came, and I went off to the convention and I kid you not, they sat RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!!! The daughter waved at me when I came in and I was horrified. She came right up to me at break and said why didn't I tell her I was a witness, blah blah blah, and I had to fess up I was a DF'er. She turned white and without a word took off. She even moved seats!!!

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Not surprising many of you defending the original poster on what he did. Its common on this forum for someone to come with a stupid idea or something that they did to bring other jw's down and that poster is praised for this like some type of hero. In this case the original poster straight out lied, he even titled his post with "I'm so Naughty..." And saying that the jw's lie too is no excuse, these people beleive they have the truth and in their own view are not lying. Same with all of you when you were in it, you all tought you had the truth. Thinking back did you think you were lying? Only after most of us opened our eyes did we notice things were not right. Its amazing all the bitterness that comes off this forum.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Hey there's a carpet place near here owned by JW's. They give a standard 10% or 15% discount to brothers. I've often tossed up whether I should say I'm a JW to get the discount?

I am not DA'ed or DF'ed, just faded.

Would that be lying???

Pope

I own a computer business and give my friends and family a discount. If you say you are my friend to get the discount would you be lying?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit