I'm so Naughty! I pretended to be a JW to get a sale.

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    You lied to make a sale. You ingratiated yourself to these people and then took advantage of them.

And the Theocratic Ministry School and Service meeting is the best place on earth to learn these skills, and the JWs practice them every day of their worthless lives. As long as they go from door to door and spread their lies they have no right to be treated any better than they treat the people they "preach" at.

W

• jstalin
    jstalin
    The wife said over and over how bad things are, the world is so bad, that everything is sooo bad, and the governments are bad and there are bad diseases, and there is war, to which I added, "that's bad".

Lol... that just made me laugh.

Fictional JW conversation:

JW1: Things are really bad

JW2: Yeah, they're bad

JW1: War and diseases are pretty bad too

JW2: Yeah, bad

JW1: And the governments are bad. Things are so bad.

JW2: Pretty bad stuff

JW1: And the gays, they're bad

JW2: Bad

JW1: Ok, well, I'm gonna jump into my SUV and head off the movie theater after we eat out

• moshe
    moshe

because they were witnesses, did you feel it was alright to deceive them?

I call it Tit for Tat! I had an elderly 33 years in the "truth", JW lady tell me yesterday that they never said Armageddon was coming in 1975, she never thought that was going to happen-right. JW's wil lie everytime to avoid admitting to a householder the false promises/teachings of the WT Society.

• undercover
    undercover
    the JWs practice them every day of their worthless lives. As long as they go from door to door and spread their lies they have no right to be treated any better than they treat the people they "preach" at.
    I call it Tit for Tat!

I guess none of us who used to be JWs ever spread false information...

The difference is that most JWs actually believe the stuff they spew...our car selling poster knew full well he was lying and did so to make a sale.

JWs, for the most part, are victims. They've been deceived and lied to. They've been indocrinated into a cult that not only takes advantage of them, but trains them to be spokesmen for the leadership, spreading false information and teachings. They do not go door to door purposely lying to try to make a sell, they've been duped into believing that they are spreading good news and unwittingly lie to try to convert new ones.

It amazes me that some of us who used to be JWs and know what its like to live that life and know the feeling of what it was like to be used can act so badly to the rank and file. If you must hold a grudge, if you must hate; hate the men who run the show, hold your grudges against the Watchtower Society corporations. But remember...the vast majority of everyday publishers are no different than us when we were still in. They're just trying to do the right thing, though misled they are.

I'm not giving all JWs a pass here, some are bad and disgusting, but to treat all JWs as bad without knowing anything about them, is no better than the teaching of the WTS that all worldly people are evil and doomed for destruction. I thought we had learned something more than that after making our exit out of the cult.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    If you must hold a grudge, if you must hate; hate the men who run the show, hold your grudges against the Watchtower Society corporations.

No. I will hold my grudge against the individuals who choose to obey cult leaders rather than listen to the common sense that every person should have. Each individual is responsible for his or her own actions. Trying to throw all the blame on the cult leaders is a cop out.

They do not go door to door purposely lying to try to make a sell, they've been duped into believing that they are spreading good news and unwittingly lie to try to convert new ones.

Right. And I suppose you've never said or heard someone say to a householder, "We're not here to convert you." If I'm not mistaken, this is even covered in the "Reasoning" book. JWs are mislead in some respects, but in others they are deliberate, willful liars.

But remember...the vast majority of everyday publishers are no different than us when we were still in.

Bullshit. Jehovah's Witnesses, as individuals, are the most hateful people I've ever met, especially toward their own members. I've never seen people who took so much joy in verbally savaging one another behind each others backs. Afternoon soap operas are tame by comparison.

In my 20 year membership and 32 year acquaintance with Jehovah's Witnesses, I can count on one hand the number who have managed to earn my respect as decent human beings. Without exception, all have left the cult.

W

• morty
    morty
    In my 20 year membership and 32 year acquaintance with Jehovah's Witnesses, I can count on one hand the number who have managed to earn my respect as decent human beings.

Thats a big 10-4 W!!!!!!!

You have my respect as a decent human being...

• xjwms
    xjwms

Thats the kind of close

you don't learn from

Zig Ziglar

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

A few thoughts...

You lied to make a sale.

1. I said that I was raised a witness (truth)
    2. Was planning to be baptized soon (never said as a WITNESS)
    3. My whole family are jw. (truth)

Where is the lie? This sounds like the 'lies' that satan told eve... You know that were all TRUE and it turned out that Jehogie was the Liar!

You ingratiated yourself to these people

You god d@mn no good evil wh0re how DARE you ingratiate yourself with customers!

and then took advantage of them.

By selling them the car they wanted! That's it, your out! NO no don't' bother arguing your out cause I said so! No more posting for YOU!

• undercover
    undercover
    No. I will hold my grudge against the individuals who choose to obey cult leaders rather than listen to the common sense that every person should have. Each individual is responsible for his or her own actions. Trying to throw all the blame on the cult leaders is a cop out.
    In my 20 year membership and 32 year acquaintance with Jehovah's Witnesses...

I guess you were lacking common sense for twenty years then...

What excuse do you have for allowing yourself to remain a JW for twenty years? You should have known better. Using your logic, that is.

...I suppose you've never said or heard someone say to a householder, "We're not here to convert you." If I'm not mistaken, this is even covered in the "Reasoning" book. JWs are mislead in some respects, but in others they are deliberate, willful liars.

I remember using that phrase myself...and everytime I used it, something gnawed at me deep inside...something trying to tell me something was wrong. I wasn't deliberately lying, I was using the tactics as taught to me at the Service Meeting. I thought I was doing what Jehovah wanted me to do. When I realized that something was wrong, I not only quit using that prhase, I quit going out in service. But like you, I was a baptized member for tweny years before I figured it out. What took me so long to figure it out?

Like I said before, I won't give all JWs a pass, some are willful, deliberate liars. Many others, the vast majority from my experience in dealing with them, are not "willful" or "deliberate" liars. They believe the "truth" because they've been either guilted into it or fear the results of not believing. In time, they come to believe because they want to believe, despite the evidence contrary. They make a great study in cognitive dissonance. As a general rule, they don't lack common sense nor are they stupid.

Jehovah's Witnesses, as individuals, are the most hateful people I've ever met, especially toward their own members. I've never seen people who took so much joy in verbally savaging one another behind each others backs. Afternoon soap operas are tame by comparison.

I can't dispute what you say you've experienced, but I've experienced both good and bad JWs, just like I've experienced good and bad in all other walks of life.

I refuse to lump all JWs into one single catagory of hateful, willful liars. I treat them on individual experiences I've had with them. Some are good, some are bad. Some are friends still to this very day. Some I don't trust nor respect. Some I totally ignore because of their hatefulness.

I refuse to treat JWs that I might meet on occasion like shit, as did the original poster of this thread did. Just because they're in a goofy religion doesn't give me permission to lie, cheat or treat them like shit. They're still human beings and until they give me reason to treat them otherwise, I'll give them the same common courtesy that I would give anyone else that I meet. Just being a JW is not enough reason to hate them or treat them badly.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    I refuse to treat JWs that I might meet on occasion like shit,

How did the poster do that? They sold them a f*cking CAR! Did they haul them out back and beat them? Did they just punch them in the face? Did the throw them out of the dealership John Denver style? Throw gasoline in their faces? Spit in their coffee? Crap in their donuts? Pour sugar in the gas tank of the new car? Wrap a plastic bag around their muffler? Break the windshield? Intentionally void their extended warranty?

NO! They found COMMON ground and sold them a f*cking CAR! Its what GOOD salesmen (and women) DO! I would debate as to whether they even lied based on what they SAID. I see no lies but I guess with your sh*t colored glasses you do. That's a hell of a negative attitude to haul around all the time and having NO sense of humor must be tough! But hey, I don't have to live with you so you go for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit