Should I decorate or not - ?

by AK - Jeff 26 Replies latest jw friends

• caligirl
    caligirl

Go for it! Especially if your don't care what they think any more.

Mine go up the day after Thanksgiving.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We have done the same thing with Christmas, putting the tree in a corner of the living room and only decorating inside. This year we plan to put the tree in front of the living room window.

Dave says %$ them....................... We just don't care anymore.

• bem
    bem

The first year I had nightmares of trees,elves, and angry sisters tearing my decorations down I kid you not and I didn't put up a tree or any kind of decorations.

then the next year it was a tree in a corner with only a few lights... Then there was last year.. hahahahaha or should I say hohohoho? cause I decorated to the gawdiest perfection I could get and then when the lights were all up and everyone said enough already! I went and bought a couple thousand more bulbs to string up all around the outside of the house . ( I didn't think about bringing down property prices) Uhm well they were mostly blue and clear lights. My house lit up the whole end of this block out did the street lights.

• delilah
    delilah

Go for it, ........The elders tried to call me on my lights inside my house, 'cept, I got away with it, as I have them on every day of the year anyways....they're pretty white lights, in my arbor, between the living and dining rooms. We do put up a tree every year also, and last year my hubby put lights outside on the porch.

Christmas is my favorite time of the year....

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I haven't gone back and read your past posts, so maybe you answered this, but, what impact is a disfellowshipping going to have on your life or the life of others? It (almost certainly) will happen. I know I could stand it if I just had my wife out of the congregation. I could give up the other friends and family.

OTWO - Not a big problem anymore for me. Wifey and I left together, she has a couple of sis's still in, and her aged mother. I have vowed to take the 'hit' should it come to that. I have been playing catch and toss with the elders that are trying to 'nail' me for awhile now. I have one cousin - though dear to me, who is in, and seems determined to stay, though I have had several conversations with him and I think he will leave me in his life on a limited basis, DF'd or not. Even if not - I refuse to play the game anymore. Life it too short to go around letting a cult that I despise control any aspect of my life anymore. It took me about three years to get to that point - but I am there now. The reason I want to decorate early is that this tree I want to light is large and I will have to climb up 30 feet or more to string the lights. I want ot get it done before the weather gets bad, then will light it after Thanxgiving. Jeff

• Sassy
    Sassy

We have done the same thing with Christmas, putting the tree in a corner of the living room and only decorating inside. This year we plan to put the tree in front of the living room window.

Dave says %$ them....................... We just don't care anymore.

thats awesome Mulan... one last chain they had on your life gone..

• clarity
    clarity

Christmas is coming ... and these thoughts just seemed so

appropriate at this time.

For me ...next christmas ...for sure!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit