Should I decorate or not - ?

by AK - Jeff 26 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I haven't gone back and read your past posts, so maybe you answered this, but, what impact is a disfellowshipping going to have on your life or the life of others? It (almost certainly) will happen. I know I could stand it if I just had my wife out of the congregation. I could give up the other friends and family.

• Khrysanthemum
    Khrysanthemum

Jeff...

"Just do it" and take pictures too! We put up a few outside lights last year.... I think we'll add more decorations with each year. They are "winter lights" not Christmas lights if you get asked!

I'm looking forward to doing something special for Thanksgiving

I Love Thanksgiving.... that is MY holiday! Shell Bell, want to do something special? How about coming to MY House?!

I make a mean turkey!

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

GO FOR IT!!! IT'S SO FUN!

• Sassy
    Sassy

My first year out, I hid like you described.. the next year I had moved and I went full decorations..

Now I may end up moving back near the congregation I was in..but they have no further hold on me.. I'd decorate however I liked. its about taking control of our lives. I understand some can't because of family but for those of us who can.. woo hoo.. we're empowering ourselves!!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Were doing Halloween and Xmas at Disney! We're also getting a tree and decorating the house!

Thanksgiving will be at my grannies as she has cancer and this may be her last... I'm glad that I woke up out of the cult soon enough to spend a few holidays with her! I wish I had been able to spend a few with my grandfather.

You can't do the Xmas lights till after thanksgiving though right?

• Sassy
    Sassy

Some start decorating the day after thanksgiving I thought..

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

This will be our first year celebrating Christmas. Although I wasn't brought up in the "Truth" I have celebrated a few but my wife hasn't. She has already bought some decorations! Though she did it rather furtively. Not sure what exactly we will do but we have a 3 year old so it will fantastic

• done4good
    done4good

Go for it! I know I plan to this year.

j

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

If you don't mind being DF'd, then go for it! I wish I could... I LOVE Christmas trees, decorations, ornaments, tinsel... do they still make tinsel?? Last time I celebrated Christmas was about 37 years ago, I was a little girl. But last year at Christmas time, I found myself wandering down all the isles in the stores with Christmas decorations, picking out ones I would buy if I could!

Have fun!

GGG

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

NO FEAR OF THE DUBS!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit