Should I decorate or not - ?

by AK - Jeff 26 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

For the two Xmas's we have been 'out', Wifey and I have celebrated Christmas quietly with the grandkids and a few family. Although we have had a tree - somewhat hidden from view inside - we have not ever put a light or decoration outside. This week I proposed to Wifey that I light the large conifer in the back yard this season. She replied "Well, that should get ya' disfellowshipped" My reply - 'To hell with 'em [or essence], I could care less'.

So I think I have made my decision - and that is a momentous one for me - to get out of the 'Christmas closet' and openly declare my apostate love of the X-mas colors.

I know this thread is an early one on Xmas - but I just thought I should ask my fellow apostates to chime in. [And bring gifts for the tree LOL]

Jeff

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It is a little early Jeff, but enjoy your christmas. We will be celebrating here, that's for sure.

• solo
    solo

Go for it! I love Christmas and always get a big F*** off tree in the bay window, flashing lights and all, tasteful not tacky you realise - I wouldn't want to affect the local property prices!

my parents are JWs so I do try to be respectful of their views, so don't flaunt it in their faces, they know I celebrate Christmas and I do mention Christmas shopping, cards, presents, etc in conversation. But last year they dropped by unexpectetly and there was Christmas stuff everywhere and the great big tree in their faces, flashing away. I felt a little awkward but at the same time just a bit smug, laughing inwardly. I imagine they went away tutt tutting.

So do what makes you happy that's what I say, especially after 20 years of missing out on Christmas - I can't wait!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    especially after 20 years of missing out on Christmas - I can't wait!

I got ya' beat on that one solo.

I have seen a photo of my dad and I in front of a Xmas tree when I was about two. I have no memory of that of course. Mom began to 'study' shortly after, and Dad was more than happy, though never a Witness, to shed the work and shopping associated with the holidays. SO my drought ran from about 1958 till we left in 2004. About 46 years of no xmas. I love the colors now - and the kid's reactions - but I have not shared in decorations or much of that till now.

Time I got off my lazy apostate a** and strung some bulbs. Besides this big pine will look wonderfull with lights and snow on it. If I don't break my fifty year old legs getting to the top of the thing.

Jeff

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Just do it...alt

Oh wait...a pressy for under the tree...alt

lisa

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx for the present Lisa. Should I open it now?

Jeff

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

out of all the holidays Christmas would have to be one of my favorite, but honestly I'm looking forward to doing something special for Thanksgiving. I'm already hungry for turkey and all the trimmings...who's coming???

• daystar
    daystar

This will be my first Xmas where the job of decorating is mine entirely. I always had gfs, or later, a wife to push things along. So, my son and I, all by ourselves, get to pick out everything and decorate any way we want. We're so looking forward to it! So much fun!

• mama1119
    mama1119

I barely decorated last year, because I did'nt want to offend my brother, who was just on his way out, but I will be for sure this year. I have already been preparing him for it, so far it seems okay. I can't wait for a tree, i have always wanted a tree in my house on xmas!!!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I love all the holidays, especially Christmas! One time my JW sister was in town and stopped by my apartment--it was in October and I had Halloween lights and all kinds of decorations the kids had made plastered on the windows and walls. She never said a word, I was kind of surprised.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit