Will the wts face a Muslim backlash over the new tract?

by fullofdoubtnow 29 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It's possible.

They do, after all, classify all religions apart from theirs as false, and we've seen in the last few days that it doesn't take much to inflame the more militant factions of Islam. There's a large Muslim community around here, and I can't see some of them taking kindly to being labelled a false religion.

This may not be the best time for the wts to be distributing such "information", but I expect they will go ahead, oblivious as to the sort of reaction it may provoke. I hope that nothing much comes of this campaign, but in the sensitive times in which we all live, I can't help wondering...

• badboy
    badboy

I ONCE HAD AN OLD BOOK BY JWS WHICH REFERRED TO MOHAMMEDISM.

NOW THAT IS INFLAMMARY BECAUSE THEY DON'T WORSHIP MOHAMMED.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

What does the tract say exactly?

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Send a copy to Al-Jazerra

• badboy
    badboy

YOU DO THAT AND THEY MIGHT BE RIOTS!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The tract can be viewed on this link

http://www.reexamine.info/00s/the_end_of_false_religion_is_near.pdf

Basically, it outlines the characteristics of false religion, in wts eyes anyway, and infers what true religion is, then invites the reader to find out more about jws.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

I doubt the WTS is perceived as much of a threat by anybody, but I would be happy to burn a few tracts and maybe an effigy if it would boost my rep around here

~Merry

• TopHat
    TopHat

Are we ALL to become hostage to extreme Islamist.? I will NOT let those demons control my free speech. I will say what I think about those mentally ill manics and do as I please. Islam is an EVIL religion.

What the WTS says about Islam.....I don't really care.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

I can't believe those things still look exactly the same!

They kind of pussed out when it came to calling out names. I don't think anyone will sweat this little thing.

How ironic is it that they show that same picture (beast and harlot) and use it for their purposes? It's hard to imagine how they don't see what this looks like and they are actually talking about themselves. I guess they are so sheltered the obvious eludes them because they turn away from it pretending it isn't there.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    What the WTS says about Islam.....I don't really care

I don't care much about what the wts says about anything nowadays, but it doesn't seem to take much to upset Islamic extremists these days, and though the tract doesn't specifically mention any religion, it does talk about involvement in war and politics being a mark of false religion, which might upset a few.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit