weird phrases in WT

by badboy 56 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

DID YOU SPOT ANY?

• mann377
    mann377

At Bethel I was told that I would get an "extra day of everlasting life".

• badboy
    badboy

`AN EXTRA DAY OF EVERLASTING LIFE'

Now if you have everlasting life,how do you have an extra day?

EXPLAINION.PLEASE?

• mann377
    mann377

I asked the same question but was told that "a religion that had all the answers allowed no questions!"

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

One weird phrase common in Watchtower publications and JW conversation is "system of things." The term seems to be unique to the JWs, probably because the Greek word translated as "age," "era," or "world," in other Bible versions is rendered "system of things" in the NWT. For example the NWT renders Matthew 24:3 as: "Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?" Interestingly Watchtower's own Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures (KIT) uses the more correct term, "age."

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Accurate knowledge was a common phrase among jws that I don't think other religions use. Of course, the only "accurate knowledge" available was through them, as far as they were concerned, and any other teaching would be regarded as inaccurate, which is maybe why they used the term so much.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

The title "Jehovah's Witnesses" is kind of a strange. I think "Witnesses of Jehovah" has better flow..

Shel

• greendawn
    greendawn

Expressions like "jehovah's organisation" sound strange when a true christian group should be called Christian church something that sounds very strange to the JW ear.

Their organisation is also a theocratic one which in this case means dictatorial since the GB present their status and all their decisions as being of divine origin and therein refuse any challenge to their authority.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I asked the same question but was told that "a religion that had all the answers allowed no questions!"

Yeah, and the Watchtower Society is a religion that has no answers while allowing no questions. The latter solving the problem of the former.

• cathyk
    cathyk

My favorite is "heart condition," used for someone with correct motivations or attitudes. It sounds as if they're going to keel over from a heart attack ...

Cathy

www.oldlighthousebooks.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit