OMG My very first video

by Lady Lee 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Faolan
    Faolan

Hi LadyLee

It's Claire here, remember I visited with Paul (Gadget) in May. What a beautiful photo and I can just picture where you were at the time. I love herons - we saw a few in Scotland last week - they are so graceful. It's brilliant you got such a good photo of it, I can never manage to get a photo before they move.

We have some lovely photos from the day we visited and went on that walk over the bridge - will have to get them to you.

Hope you are keeping well and that we get to meet again some time.

Take care

Claire, xx

(PS: We are getting married in May next year!)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

That's a great pic Lady Lee, and it looks like a beautiful spot, thanks for sharing.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Glad you all enjoyed the Heron. I've seen a couple around before, 1 was too far for me to get a pic of and 2 others had open water to fly off.

This fellow may have been more trapped. The bridge to the left blocked his way and trees were on the right. He kept a very close eye on us (a young boy stopped to watch too) as he walked back and forth on that side of the river

I've been working on how to reduce the size of the video file. Right now it is almost 50 MB. I have loaded the Nero program but now I have to learn how to use it.

When I lived in Montreal there was a new housing project that was going up and they put a large pond in the centre and stocked it with fish. A Great Blue Heron decided he liked the surroundings and moved in almost immediately. I had never seen one before. What an awesome bird. I was hoping this fellow would take off and fly. I really wanted to capture that but I waved my arms and rang my bell but he just stood and stared at me. OH well another time perhaps

In Winnipeg there were a couple of wildlife habitata where thousands of geese as well as loons and ducks would gather before they would migrate. "The number of waterfowl using the marsh during migration can exceed 400,000 at one time". http://www.oakhammockmarsh.ca/ It is an awesome sight to see and hear so many birds in one place.

We have a couple of hundred Canada Geese around here. They are pretty tame and just run away if you get too close. The hens are very protective of thier babies not even letting other birds get too close. I've been watching the babies since they first appeared on the paths this spring. Now you can't tell them from the adults. They are beginning to gather so I expect they will be gone soon.

Hi Claire

Congrats on setting a date.

The picture was taken very close to the bridge where we went, just on the far side of the river.

• juni
    juni

Thanks for sharing LadyLee! The great Blue Heron is beautiful. We were in a canoe and were able to go into little inlets where we saw one "fishing". Beautiful sight.

Take care.

Juni

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Beautiful picture

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

They do like to fish

The Heron that made his home at the Montreal pond knew when feeding time was.

One day I took a walk over there and some mothers had their little children throwing bread for the fish. Well the heron found himself a rock close to where the bread and fish were. I watched him as he sat motionless watching the fish. In one quick plunged his head into the water and came up with a fish which he gobbled down quickly.

The poor kids were so upset and crying that he was eating their "pets"

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

bttt by request

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I made that pic my new desktop pic. I love to put nature pics and other pics I find funny on my desktop. I hope you don't mind.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I posted a few pics on JH's AUTOMN colors therad that I am using for my desktop. Last night I changed it to the one with the two cyclists coming towards me down the path

• Jourles
    Jourles

Wow! When I first saw the picture, I thought for a sec, "How on earth did she get my pic?!?" Here is a picture I took of a heron last week near Cancun on Isla Contoy:

Slightly different than yours LL, but it sure did make me wonder at first!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit