grandma part 2...

by coolhandluke 44 Replies latest members private

• Mary
    Mary
    Let me get this straight gran, my homosexual cousin can come into your house, eat a meal with you and hug you followed up by my fornicating, cursing, politically involved brother and he can do the same, but I am not welcome. "They've never dedicated their lives to Jehovah. You did. You promised." WHEN I WAS 9 Gran. NINE! "It doesn't matter. You made a vow. You knew what you were doing

Good lord.....yes, we all "know what we're doing" when we're 9 years old.

CHL, I'm so sorry you had to go through this.......My own feeling on this is that your grandma must be 'getting on in years' and it is very difficult for alot of elderly ones to change their ways. Your grandma's entire generation got screwed but she still obviously believes it's 'the Truth' and thinks her eternal salvation depends on obeying it to the letter of the law.

Yes, it's hard to see our relatives still clinging to that crap at the cost of their own family and my heart goes out to you for what you're going through.

• sass_my_frass
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Thank you for bringing this to the top. Thank you, coolhandluke, for baring your heart for the board. Good writing, the BEST writing, shares our fundamental selves. Good writing exposes the writer to the world, so it carries a terrible risk. What if someone stomps on your heart, or even worse, cannot relate to what you went through? But it's a precious gift, because the reader learns there are others that feel just like them. All of a sudden, we are not so alone any more.

I don't know what to say about your grandmother. It is obvious she is grieving in her own way over her loss. Her blind spot is that she, exclusively, is the cause. All she has to do is step over the threshhold, and she will be welcomed home.

Maybe this will help. She was the source of "home" and comfort all those many years. But it is empty now, derelict, absent of love. You are the source of warmth and love now. You have come "home". Rebuild your life, your "home", and maybe some day she will come to you.

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

Very powerful story...thanks for sharing.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

you are all amazingly giving and wonderful people. thank you for the support. i am truly moved

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit