grandma part 2...

by coolhandluke 44 Replies latest members private

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

I was happy to read the above quote....I am so sorry that your Gran is under mind control But I think the suggestion that you drop her cards every so often to tell her you love her is just what MY GOD ( JESUS)suggests ....LOVE!!!! My Grand-daughter sent me a letter telling me she wants nothing to do with me although she loves me- Cos I left Jehovah...

that stings like hell Mouthy. even though it in no means is a replacement, nor could it even approach such an idea, you have many a grandchild here who love you and want lots to do with you. thanks for the post/support.

Dominick

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My heart felt numb as I read your conversation with Grandma. How painful - how terrifying to look at the future slate of your life without someone so important on it at all. I do hope that eventually reason will overpower her dreaded fear of displeasing her religion [whom she confuses with her God].

I am raising my grandkids. I cannot imagine anything they could do that would make me behave toward them with such animosity, yet I know that in my JW days I acted in ways that were not me, but the reflection of the religion that I accepted as absolute. Obviously your grandma is under the same spell we all were under - in some ways it impossible for those who have aged beyond a certain point to ever risk pulling back the curtain to see the 'truth of the truth'. To her - hateful rejection is tantamount to loving her God. By casting any doubt aside, she defends her investment of decades of life. I know - I pushed doubt outside for 4 decades - but it was still there, and one day your grandma's doubts may raise to a level that allows her to peak beyond the curtain.

I ache as I read your words - so many relationships of grandious importance are cast aside by those we love in favor of a religion that demands it. I hope something will open her eyes to that someday. I fear that the time for that may be somewhere quite distant, as time will tend to tell. RIght now she is wishing to 'shun you back to the flock' - but no matter what some say blood is thicker than water.

Good luck to you my friend - and thanx for writing this.

Jeff

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

My heart felt numb as I read your conversation with Grandma. How painful - how terrifying to look at the future slate of your life without someone so important on it at all. I do hope that eventually reason will overpower her dreaded fear of displeasing her religion [whom she confuses with her God].

I am raising my grandkids. I cannot imagine anything they could do that would make me behave toward them with such animosity, yet I know that in my JW days I acted in ways that were not me, but the reflection of the religion that I accepted as absolute. Obviously your grandma is under the same spell we all were under - in some ways it impossible for those who have aged beyond a certain point to ever risk pulling back the curtain to see the 'truth of the truth'. To her - hateful rejection is tantamount to loving her God. By casting any doubt aside, she defends her investment of decades of life. I know - I pushed doubt outside for 4 decades - but it was still there, and one day your grandma's doubts may raise to a level that allows her to peak beyond the curtain.

I ache as I read your words - so many relationships of grandious importance are cast aside by those we love in favor of a religion that demands it. I hope something will open her eyes to that someday. I fear that the time for that may be somewhere quite distant, as time will tend to tell. RIght now she is wishing to 'shun you back to the flock' - but no matter what some say blood is thicker than water.

Good luck to you my friend - and thanx for writing this.

Thank you for the perspective. Getting to see it through your eyes helps confirm what I've thought and to understand a bit better... Im not sure what I want in regards to her. I do want her to be free, yet she'd lament the time invested in a lie. I guess I want my cake and eat it too. I want her to have "purpose" in her life yet at the same time do not wish to be a victim of that very purpose. The something that opens her eyes, I hope comes sooner rather than later. As for the thanks in writing this, you have added to it being a worthwhile endeavor by your sharing. I almost didn't write it... catharsis is necessary though and really, its all about the healing

• eddie c
    eddie c

I dont read many threads on the forum,but i am glad i came across this one. Its heartbreaking reading about your situation.I was fortunate in that i left no family behind in the Watchtower,only friends and that was bad enough. I cant imagine what it is like for you and for the thousands who are seperated from thier loved ones.What a cruel parody of christianity is the Watchtower.

You will bein my thoughts and prayers.

Eddie

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

I dont read many threads on the forum,but i am glad i came across this one. Its heartbreaking reading about your situation.I was fortunate in that i left no family behind in the Watchtower,only friends and that was bad enough. I cant imagine what it is like for you and for the thousands who are seperated from thier loved ones.What a cruel parody of christianity is the Watchtower.

You will bein my thoughts and prayers.

Eddie

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers Eddie. This is something close to my heart that I had to share, if nothing more than for the sharing... thats how we grow, move on, improve and prevent. I'm glad that you have no left behind family... it is damaging and part of your soul just cannot be free.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

I just wanted to say thank you again to the people on this forum. I have to go back at times and read the support given because things arise again. The community strength is so helpful at times. Thank you

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I dont know you but I know what the pain of loss is and dissapointment hurts so much .I hope you can feel ok and know you are following your true heart and THAT is where we are meant to go. The source from which all comes is present in all of us so I am your brother just as much as you are brother to all who really seek the truth. I wish I could ease your pain but all I do is feel a little bit of it for you and if you let it go I think we can all share a little bit of it and maybe it wont hurt so bad

• Quandry
    Quandry

Send your grandma cards, if she won't talk to you. Tell her how much you love her there, in short messages. Beneath her hard outer shell, she misses you as much as you miss her. Maybe your words will get through enough to break through the shell and loosen the cultic-grip the WTS has on her mind, and allow her to show her love.

I wanted to add one thing--maybe send those beautiful religious cards-the ones with Bible verses on them-nothing too glaringly different from witness-speak-but ones that talk about LOVE LOVE LOVE and family. God is love. What she is doing is not.........it is misguided and served up by the WTS.

• tula
    tula
    I sooo want to remove her from "the matrix". To do so I fear would kill her. I have nothing to replace it with save questions. In her mind she is too old to go on a path of self discovery. She "needs" her beliefs. I am a threat to that, so she can't take it. But she's surprised me before. I keep myself hopeful.

This is a wise realization and a selfless act to sacrifice yourself by silence and continual love.

How could Jehovah not be pleased with your tender, merciful heart?

You have a gift of deep insight. Already you are ahead of the pack.

Wish we could learn and grow without the hurt.

I guess sometimes pain is the catalyst. Yours is like a jagged knife through the heart.

If there is any truth to the fact that we can only know joy to the depth that we have experienced sorrow, you may have the most wonderful surprise on "Judgement Day".

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm so sorry for the pain you're experiencing, young bro. And this on top of the other drama.

Hang in there; you have a wonderful gift for writing. Are you keeping a journal? If you're not, you should. This will help you chronicle your growth. Then you can look back and see how you got over. I will be praying for you. Peace and love.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit