grandma part 2...

by coolhandluke 44 Replies latest members private

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Dear Coohandluke,

((((HUGS))))I am so sorry you are going through this. It is devestating when the ones you love turn your back on you. The power of a cult is so very powerful, as we who have gone through simular experiences with our own family and friends can agree. You never know what may happen in the future that may open her heart to truth about the "truth". Hang in there, we are all in this together, and you are here with many others who have gone through the same type of thing woth their family still in including myself and my husband the Black Pearl.

Sincerely, your friend,

Lady Liberty

Thank you for your kind words

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

It seems that I wade through masses of fluff, whacko conspiracy theories, and one-sided political rants on this board. But, every now and then a thread rises to the top that symbolizes everything good about this board and the entire xjw community.

Thanks for writing this. You have a gift for communicating. I hope this thread stays on top for a while.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

It seems that I wade through masses of fluff, whacko conspiracy theories, and one-sided political rants on this board. But, every now and then a thread rises to the top that symbolizes everything good about this board and the entire xjw community.

Thanks for writing this. You have a gift for communicating. I hope this thread stays on top for a while.

Goddamn. Thank you. Thank you for taking the time to say this. You just made my day so much better. Thank you

• Genesis
    Genesis

I know how hard it must be ! I lived at my grandmas home for 4 years ans she is like my mother. I was there by the time I was a Self-rightoeus young WTS robot. My parents were Dfd and I shunned them but her was not shunning her 2 kids (my mother and uncle). Sometimes I was saying her that she was unchristian and and double standards by speaking to them and all. Ironically when I left the BS I happened to be in the position where I needed her to have double stardard and continue to see me. Tought since I was raised thinking in black and white ways when I Da'd I apostatized her a few time and she has not rejected me. Cool Hand Luke, I know how it must be hard for you but you are a survivor, you left a cult where some are being held captive forever ! May the force be with you ! Joff

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

(((((((((((((((CHL))))))))))))))))

You need to write more. You have a gift.

Send your grandma cards, if she won't talk to you. Tell her how much you love her there, in short messages. Beneath her hard outer shell, she misses you as much as you miss her. Maybe your words will get through enough to break through the shell and loosen the cultic-grip the WTS has on her mind, and allow her to show her love.

You're in my thoughts.

GGG

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

(((((((((((((((CHL))))))))))))))))

You need to write more. You have a gift.

Send your grandma cards, if she won't talk to you. Tell her how much you love her there, in short messages. Beneath her hard outer shell, she misses you as much as you miss her. Maybe your words will get through enough to break through the shell and loosen the cultic-grip the WTS has on her mind, and allow her to show her love.

You're in my thoughts.

GGG

You lady are in my thoughts often. Thank you for the advice. Its a brilliant plan. I'll do it.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think sending cards and letters is a splendid idea-you can always tell her that you love her-she doesn't have to acknowledge her love to you-but it might be something for her to hang on to if she gets feeling bad about the mess that she is in.

You had a real blessing in your relationship with her before-and she had that with you. She is missing out and is suffering for lack of it now. They are truly the saddest people!

Intersperse the cards and letters with postcards. Her controlling husband may insist she send envelopes back unopened, but an 'I love you' on a post card can't be ignored, and she can 'sneak' and read it.

I hope you come to a place of peace with your creator and remember that all humans make God into what they want or need him to be. Accept Him for what he is to YOU now and be serene in that. You don't have to pretend to know more or have more faith or be anything you are not sure of. Just rest in where you are and be comfortable with what you CAN know. How could the one who created you expect more than what you have to give?

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    I hope you come to a place of peace with your creator and remember that all humans make God into what they want or need him to be. Accept Him for what he is to YOU now and be serene in that. You don't have to pretend to know more or have more faith or be anything you are not sure of. Just rest in where you are and be comfortable with what you CAN know. How could the one who created you expect more than what you have to give?

That is the best explaination of God I have ever heard. I'll hold onto this... and remember your advice.

• hallowedbethyname
    hallowedbethyname

Thank you for posting this story.

Its stories like these, that strengthen my resolve never to return.

My heart does go out to you. I dont usually post too often, but this story had me near tears.

Love and respect

HBTN

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Thank you for posting this story.

Its stories like these, that strengthen my resolve never to return.

My heart does go out to you. I dont usually post too often, but this story had me near tears.

Love and respect

HBTN

Then I'm glad you did. I almost didn't write it. I'm glad that it had some useful effect for you... that means that the pain of it all is not in vain. I hope that others who read it and do not post got something from it too. That would make my heart happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit