"Dangerous Apostates"

by fullofdoubtnow 45 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Have any of you ever been called a dangerous apostate? I have, and so has Trev. My friend Marion just called me, and her sister Angela, who is a nominal jw, and attends occasional meetings, went last Sunday because her friends' son was giving the public talk. One of the elders approached her and asked if she had had any contact with Marion since she da'd, and she admitted they have spoken. He went on to warn her against too much contact, as it has come to his attention that Marion now associates with us, and we are "dangerous apostates", strongly opposed to the jws these days.

We've been sending copies of kingdom news 37 to the local churches, and it's got back to the local jw hierachy, who are somewhat pi$$ed about it, as they feel it will take away some of the "impact" of the tract when they come to distribute it next month if a lot of people have already seen it. What they don't know yet is that we have also sent it to the editor of the local newspaper, who is a friend of Trevs', and no friend of the jws, and he is going to publish it a week before the campaign starts!

Needless to say, we are delighted to hear that the local elders are worried about our activities, and hopefully we'll get further opportunities to worry them in the future.

Linda

• juni
    juni

Hi Linda,

You guys are so naughty!!!!

About Marion's friend going to hear her son's talk. Is her son still a MS or did they move him up the ladder to eldership?

The gall these people have to tell someone who they can associate with. Seems like they're looking for you to "slip up" so they can have one of their little pow wows.

Hugs,

Juni

• carla
    carla

What is 'kingdom news 37'?

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    What is 'kingdom news 37'?

Has anyone posted it yet?

• Mary
    Mary
    We've been sending copies of kingdom news 37 to the local churches, and it's got back to the local jw hierachy, who are somewhat pi$$ed about it, as they feel it will take away some of the "impact" of the tract when they come to distribute it next month if a lot of people have already seen it. What they don't know yet is that we have also sent it to the editor of the local newspaper, who is a friend of Trevs', and no friend of the jws, and he is going to publish it a week before the campaign starts!

ROFLMFAO!! I love it!! But I gotta ask the same question: What is Kingdom News 37?

Also, does anyone have a scanned copy or even a description of what the tract is going to say?

• PeachRose
    PeachRose

Unreal! They really have some nerve telling people who they can associate with and who they can't - especially family members! When are people going to realize that there is something seriously wrong when you're told you cannot associate with a friend/family member because they no longer share the same beliefs as you do? Crazy! Best of luck with your "campaign" (no pun intented) - be sure to post the article your friend publishes in the local newspaper. Good luck you dangerous apostate you!

• Legolas
    Legolas
    What they don't know yet is that we have also sent it to the editor of the local newspaper, who is a friend of Trevs', and no friend of the jws, and he is going to publish it a week before the campaign starts!

LOL...Way to go !

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Juni,

About Marion's friend going to hear her son's talk. Is her son still a MS or did they move him up the ladder to eldership

It was Marion's sister's friend's son who was giving the talk, he was an ms when I left, and I assume he still is. We were looking at kn 37 a few weeks ago, and had the idea of sending it to a few churches on email, then it kindof expanded from there, and we ended up printing it up and posting it to all the churches who aren't on email. The local jws aren't happy, but we enjoyed it.

Carla: Kingdom News 37 is the new tract about false religion, and all the dubs will get a copy each next week, and start going door to door with it next month, on the 16th. Here's the front cover:

• fullofdoubtnow
  • fullofdoubtnow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit