Meaningful Quotations...

by LittleToe 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• myelaine
    myelaine

"I trust in my Judge, who is the King of Heaven and Earth" Joan of Arc... La Pucelle

love michelle

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I have this next to my computer:

Winner's Blueprint for Achievement:

BELIEVE while others are doubting.
    PLAN while others are playing.
    STUDY while others are sleeping.
    DECIDE while others are delaying.
    PREPARE while others are daydreaming.
    BEGIN while others are procrastinating.
    WORK while others are wishing.
    SAVE while others are wasting.
    LISTEN while others are talking.
    SMILE while others are frowning.
    COMMEND while others are criticizing.
    PERSIST while others are quitting.

? William Arthur Ward

L.L.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Heres a couple more:

?Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.?

2 Timothy 1:7...For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Both of these I have on my desk as well.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

One I heard many years ago, before I was a jw, from a friend at university who had become a born again christian:

If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing. If you meet Jesus and forget him, you have lost everything.

I like this one by Oscar Wilde as well:

One can survive everything, nowadays, except death, and live down everything except a good reputation.

• Faolan
    Faolan

From Maya Angelou:

"The honorary duty of a human being is to love"

"History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again"

"Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning"

• bem
    bem

Signature on my e-mail says " Some people spend there entire lives running from something that isn't even chasing them"

• target
    target

Some days you are the pigion, some days you are the statue.

Feed a starving dog and make him prosperous and he will not bite you. That is the principle difference between a man and a dog--Mark Twain

Target

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

The one that meant most to me for the last year or so:

Suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems. (I don't know who said it).

Another couple for more optimistic times!:

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else." John Burroughs.

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." - John Wesley.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

No matter what you do, no matter how great, no matter how stupid, no matter how loving, no matter how cruel, wonderful, shortsighted or wise, you always do with a positive intention for yourself in the moment when you do it.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

"The truth may set you free, but first it will shatter the safe, sweet you live."

Sue Monk Kidd The Dance of the Dissident Daughter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit