Meaningful Quotations...

by LittleToe 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Two I've just come across by Ursula Le Guin:

• It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it's the journey that matters, in the end.
    • To light a candle is to cast a shadow

My other favorite Ghandi quote:

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
  • hemp lover
    hemp lover

Most of the quotations that resonate with me tend toward the dark side.

It is a fearsome thing to love what death can touch. - from a tombstone

Just because you have stopped sinking doesn't mean you're not still underwater. - Amy Hempel

I believe that 99% of what anyone does can effectively be postponed. - Amy Hempel

Let's do it. - Gary Gilmore

I worry that someday I will do a horrible thing. For this reason, I am afraid to hold babies. - from my journal

• Honesty
    Honesty

Don't bury the hatchet and leave the handle above ground.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

??before a dream is realized, the Soul of the World tests everything that was learned along the way. It does this not because it is evil, but so that we can, in addition to realizing our dreams, master the lessons we?ve learned as we?ve moved toward that dream. That?s the point at which most people give up. It?s the point at which, as we say in the language of the desert, one ?dies of thirst just when the palm trees have appeared on the horizon.?

Every search begins with beginner?s luck. And every search ends with the victor?s being severely tested.?

from The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us 'universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

----Albert Einstein

• ringo5
    ringo5
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.

another quote from Einstein (holy, he was smart)

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

a friend of mine recently hit me off with this one. "religion is for those afraid of hell, spirituality is for those who've been there."

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance!" --Unknown

Swalker

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    "religion is for those afraid of hell, spirituality is for those who've been there."

Good one Darth.

• darth frosty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit