Meaningful Quotations...

by LittleToe 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I recently came across this one, and it resonated with me:

"Be the change you want to see in the world" Mahatma Ghandi.

How about you?

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Saw this recently and thought it interesting:

"If I had a prayer, it would be this: 'God spare me from the desire for love, approval, and appreciation. Amen.'"

-Byron Katie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Raymond Franz' frequent use of; 'a distinction without a difference' in referring to WTS policy and circlular thought in CoC and ISoCF.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a contest he was asked to judge. The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child. The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said, "Nothing, I just helped him cry" Just read this in an email - thought it fit the thread. Jeff

• juni
    juni

"No one puts Baby in the corner." - Dirty Dancing

Sorry Ross, I couldn't help it.

Juni

• earthtone
    earthtone

I got this fridge magnetic after losing a friend over a stupid argurement

Before embarking on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. Boy did that make sense while reflecting on it.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Read this today and thought it apropos considering where we've all come from.

"People say they love truth, but in reality they want to believe that which they love is true."

--Robert J. Ringer

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

One that resonates with me is as follows:-
    'Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity' - Martin Luther King Jr

DB74

• lowden
    lowden

"Champagne for my real friends....Real pain for my sham friends" - FRANCIS BACON. Priceless!!

Peace

Lowden

• Flash
    Flash

I would rather be HATED for who I am, than LOVED for who I am not. ~ Oscar Wylde

The Greatest Risk Is Not Taking One.

With Patience, Life Changes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit