Why we should be glad WT apologists post here

by Lady Lee 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

No I haven't lost all my marbles -- yet

1. They serve as reminders of what we have left behind and never want to go back to.
    2. People who have some doubts or questions about the WTS and come to this board can see for thewmselves how JWs don't have answers for everything. In fact they have a very hard time defending their faith
    3. I have yet to see any person post here who has seen the real truth about the WTS; teachings turn around and say, "Yes I'm going back even if I know they are wrong." Mind you some sit on the fence or go back but that is more for family ties that WT doctrine
    4. They keep repeating the same tired circular reasonings and can't seem to begin to comprehend the fallacy of their beliefs
    5. Contributing to an apologists' discussion helps us reaffirm our realization that the WTS just makes no sense when you analize their beliefs

I might have more to add but feel free to add your own

• Zico
    Zico

No. 2 is the reason I don't believe the Watchtower Society teaches the truth anymore.

Thanks Scholar!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Good post Lady Lee, I agree with you.

There is a certain sort of legalistic coldness about most of the apologists who post on here, one poster in particular. All they can do is state the wts policy, with no proof whatsoever that it is actually applied, which we all know isn't the case a lot of the time. When they are called to defend a point they have made, they come back with the same tired old rhetoric, and prove nothing.

I hope they keep posting on here. They won't change anyone's mind about the decision they made to leave the wts, and they might sway a jw lurker or two towards leaving the org themselves.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

They prevent my blood pressure from falling too low.

W

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Lady Lee,

Those are excellent points you made and so true, Lilly

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Problem is.....

are the so-called JW apologists really JWs?

• blondie
    blondie

Good point, ozziepost. Actually, according to the WTS, any JWs posting here have abandoned the WTS and are "apostates" themselves.

Blondie

• parakeet
    parakeet

fullofdoubtnow: ***There is a certain sort of legalistic coldness about most of the apologists who post on here***

And they demonstrate an almost total lack of compassion for the victims of the WTS, some of whose stories are truly heartrending. I'm glad the apologists are here -- their own words do more harm for their cause than almost anything we exJWs could do.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

The JWs that post here are more like apostates in denial.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom
    Actually, according to the WTS, any JWs posting here have abandoned the WTS and are "apostates" themselves.

As we all know, the WTS has been known to be wrong!

I'm sure that there are some JW's who are still "active" that do post here. Then of course, there are those lurking and just reading posts without even registering. I know of some personally (not posters here) that are JW's who aren't slaves of the WTS, but slaves of Christ.

1Peter 2:16 mentions that Christians can behave as free people, but not to use freedom as an excuse for wickedness.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously by WTS standards)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit