Changes at NY Bethel

by architect 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The letter reads as if the ones leaving Bethel are volunteering to do so.

"..some Bethel family members would be invited to serve in the United States field in various assignments..."

Of course, they left out "or go home."

• grey matters
    grey matters
    do you think the Society gave them a little something extra as a "departing" gift? You know - to help them get on their feet again? Just wondering......

I thought someone said on another thread that they were going to get around $400.00 per month to be Special Pioneers. What is the hour requirement for Special Pioneers? I remember it used to be pretty high, maybe twice as much as a regular pioneer?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

At this time, I would like to extend my warm and heartfelt thanks to that young lady who helped sink my Bethel aspirations by taking off her shirt.

Wow. Boobs, and the ensuing "theocratic punishment" saved me from wasting years at the FDS Asylum.

The Lord works in mysterious ways, don't he?

CZAR

• read good books
    read good books

Doesn't the Bible say that any man who does not care for his family is worse than a man of the nations. (Unbeliever) These people have been at Bethel for decades and are coldly turned out and probably never prepared for a career in the world because they went to Bethel nearly right out of high school are now expected to go out and sink or swim without any help from the society who put them in this predicament. I say the people (GB or Coporate Board) who made this decision not caring for their own family are worse than an unbeliever and they should be disfellowshipped and kicked out of Bethel themselves. But since the devil is running things in New York everthing turns out the opposite of whats right.

• Gill
    Gill

There may well be a R and F backlash in the USA, but here in the UK the majority of ordinary JWs don't really understand the implications of the 'downsizing!'

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Doesn't the Bible say that any man who does not care for his family is worse than a man of the nations.

read good books, I am going to use this thought if I can. Beautiful. Nice application of scriptures. This so fits with the JW because it is part of the prerequisites for appointed positions. How can you be on the GB, the ultimate body of elders, if you won't take care of your family?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    There may well be a R and F backlash in the USA, but here in the UK the majority of ordinary JWs don't really understand the implications of the 'downsizing!'

If it (I should say When it) happens there, they will understand.

• observador
    observador

"At this time, I would like to extend my warm and heartfelt thanks to that young lady who helped sink my Bethel aspirations by taking off her shirt."

Czar, very very interesting, isn't it?

If you see her again, please give her a tight and prolonged hug. She deserves it!

Observador.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    If you see her again, please give her a tight and prolonged hug. She deserves it!

I will, if we ever cross paths again... Ever wonder what happened to your first crush? Ah well, that's another thread, really.

The czarina said something interesting about this: she said that people who went to Bethel and stayed were making the choice to have somebody else answer all of life's questions for them. Therefore, while this transition is a wrench and represents a huge failure of JW doctrine - in reality the change could be compared to a new birth.

So, while I do sympathize deeply with their pain and fear - in reality they need to start making the changes to live life for themselves, a choice they SHOULD have made before they went to Bethel. We know that it isn't so bad on the "outside". They will jsut have to find out for themselves. This represents a huge opportunity for their personal development.

CZAR

• Panda
    Panda

Czar, This is why I love you . MArriage and fatherhood have given you a real sense of humor. Thank the Princess and Czarina for their influence.

I do feel for these expendables from Bethel. They certainly expected to be there for life. Now I wonder if they'll really get more involved in FS OR if they'll fade? Maybe (and this would be great) they'll take a step back and view the borg from the outside. Wait a minute (they'll say) this doesn't quite look right anymore, hmmm. No one is going to invite them to live in their homes... sheesh an extra mouth to feed and clean up after!!! How about transportation? A job? They have been told that their decision to serve at Bethel was the correct way to think, the world is ugly and selfish. Can you imagine believing that you are expected to live in Satan's world now. Bad dreams are a'comin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit