Changes at NY Bethel

by architect 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

As a former bethelite I know a lot of people hated being there, but did it because it was what Jehovah wanted. These will assimilate easily back into life once they get on their feet financially.

There were others though that were Bethelites through and through. Some had been there since leaving school, and loved the very 'secure' way of life, having every need provided for, not having to think about almost anything as each minute of your life is mapped out. One of these brothers left Bethel shortly after I arrived, having been from about the age of 20 to 30. Within 6 months he was accepted back into Bethel, he could not cope being in the real world. These are the ones that will really struggle with their eviction. It is a bit like a prisoner leaving prison after several decades of incaceration.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    It is a bit like a prisoner leaving prison after several decades of incaceration.

The Shawshank Redemption. The first guy killed himself on the outside. The next guy escaped, but blew the whistle on the warden, and he helped the last guy escape his own suicide on the outside. This is a very good analogy of the situation.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Sir82

Stuff him I say ,he did'nt give a rats butt about you when he was there massaging his contemptable ego, he's only ringing you to give him a leg up and he probably is ringing others too looking for the easy way.

Again stuff him

• read good books
    read good books

With all the money the society rakes in why do they have to turn these people out. Just more for the GB I guess.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    With all the money the society rakes in why do they have to turn these people out. Just more for the GB I guess.

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto

Rank and File will probably let this go unchallenged, but I hope many Bethelites become "awoke" from their treatment.

• PeachRose
    PeachRose

Although I am not a bethelite, 2 brothers in my hall (on of them an elder for over 10 years) were given the boot. Obviously both of these brothers had no skills (or skills considered relevant enough for Bethal to keep them). I'm sure it has to be tough for them to go home and start fresh with no savings in the bank & no college degrees. I would think it's hard for a 40 yr. old plus person to get a job with dignity having no skills or resume. Although I am sure the "friends" in their congregations back home helped them out a bit. Regardless, it was a rotten thing for the WTS to do, but what can you expect from the borg?

Stupid question - do you think the Society gave them a little something extra as a "departing" gift? You know - to help them get on their feet again? Just wondering......

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Stupid question - do you think the Society gave them a little something extra as a "departing" gift? You know - to help them get on their feet again?

To help them get on their feet, they probably gave them one free pair of walking shoes. No, seriously, what did they get? Great question.

• PeachRose
    PeachRose
    To help them get on their feet, they probably gave them one free pair of walking shoes.

LOL They can always get the free pair of shoes at the "bethal mall" (forgot the name of it) it's that store the bethelites donate their old clothes to so other bethelites can help themselves to free clothes. If I were them I would ransack the store before leaving bethel, take all the clothes and sell them on ebay. It might help get them off to a great start. lol Okay, enough silly jokes for today.

• FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

If they actually cared about their flock. They would have said that there was less of a need at Bethel and they were excepting volunteers to go out in the field or to go home. They would have slowly depleted their staff. Since they don't care they just sent out pink slips like any cold corporation.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If they actually cared about their flock. They would have said that there was less of a need at Bethel and they were excepting volunteers to go out in the field or to go home. They would have slowly depleted their staff. Since they don't care they just sent out pink slips like any cold corporation.

Yeah, that's what I say, too. Let them stay if they want. Don't take any new applicants until these older ones die off. For the volunteers, offer an incentive package (just like corporations do).

There is going to be rank-and-file backlash about this. It was so obvious to most people. I am taking suggestions for my "Questions from Readers" letter on this subject in my inbox.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit