Is abortion an unforgivable sin?

by e_louise 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mama1119
    mama1119

Welcome. I think its really up to the person and the situation. I myself could not do it. I had an unplanned prenancy in my early twenties and was immediatetly DF. But, she is the best thing that ever happened to me, no matter the consequences. But it is not for everyone, I have known people that simply could not bring a child into the world and raise it at that particular time. I would be less concerned about the elders and more concerned about what is in your heart.

• Mackin
    Mackin

There is no such thing as an "unforgivable sin". Their is no such thing as ANY kind of sin! How can there be such a thing as sin when God is simply a figment of human imagination, a delusion. Sin is a religious concept invented to keep the weak-minded under control. Start using your brain and make your own decisions in life rather than leaning on religious claptrap. Mackin.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi e_louise, and welcome to the forum.

Abortion is not an unforgivable sin as far as the jws are concerned, but you would lose some "privileges" if you had one.

• eilgh
    eilgh

simple but nice comments..i observe the same way to my friend.

• trevor
    trevor

This assumes that abortion is a sin in the first place. The question suggests that it is a sin and asks if it is unforgivable. What exactly constitutes sin in the first place as sin a rather biblical term as opposed to wrongdoing, which is again a subjective notion?

On the matter of forgiveness - as the aborted baby is dead he or she is not in a position to forgive and I don't see how any one else has the right to do so on their behalf. So I guess the act remains unforgiven. Of course I am talking from the perspective of the real world. In JW land there are all sorts of obscure and incomprehensible rules and penalties.

The real answer to your question is - nothing you do before baptism is considered a sin in the world of the JWs. The only unforgivable sin is to reject the Holy Spirit having received Gods approval. This really only applies to those anointed by Holy Spirit but the Watchtower hierarchy has decided that this applies to those who leave their clutches having been baptised. However at the discretion of the elders no sin is unforgivable.

'Curiouser and curiouser said Alice.'

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

In JW terms, no, it is not an unforgiveable sin as there is only one sin that is, as previously described.

As an unbaptised publisher, you would probably be stopped publishing if you did.

On this topic I have yet to have ANYONE show me a scripture from the Bible that mentions abortion, so anyone saying they know god's mind on this is just wanting to have you worship their opinion rather than use your own conscience.

On another topic, if you're an upbaptised publisher you should really have a read of some threads on this site before you get baptised...

• Honesty
    Honesty

Jesus gave His blood and died on a cross so that everyone who will believe and ask Him for God's forgiveness will be forgiven no matter what they have done.

The Watchtower Society and its cult of JW's don't own God, have never owned God, will never own God and therefore don't have a clue to what or who He forgives.

• Sam87
    Sam87

Hi there, for me personaly the way i see abortion is as murder, because you are ending that childs life, some argue that it is part of the mothers body and she can do what she likes, but that isnt so, the child is an individual growing inside the mother, its not her body.

In the end i know sometimes a pregnancy can be unwanted (definatly in the really bad cases, rape), but at the same time i think you have to keep it because it is a person, and to me its no different to killing a 2, 3, 10, 20 year old person, there isnt any difference if the person is murdered 6 months before birth or 6 months after birth, the life is still being ended. its still a person just the same way me and you are, and even though it might not be convenient or easy to accept its wrong to have an abortion in. (thats my opinion)

As for being disfellowshipped, you have to be baptised first, but i dont think thats what id worried about id be alot more worried about the childs welfare and future life. (and the state of my consience)

Sam87

• mouthy
    mouthy

Please can you tell me if an unbaptized publisher has an abortion is this an unforgivable sin?

NO---

What would happen to the publisher if another JW reports them or they confess since they are not baptized?

I think the Elders will talk to you about it & maybe have a gosssip about it with their wives --then the wives will let it slip to others when they are in service ----You need to find out the lies of JWS .Get Crises Of Conscience from the Library..

I have not read all the replys so I may be repeating ....I am the Granny (79) on board ----So I feel I have heard about so many folks that are worried about the unforgivable sin---I believe it is rejecting GOD the Creator.... As Long as we confess to GOD!!!!! NOT MAN!!!! & dont do it again.... Christ Died for you. & your sin hung on the CROSS with him ....MY 2 cents.

• Sam87
    Sam87

i agree with you mouthy, but at the same time that doesnt give us a free ticket to do what we want and then we can regret it later and everything is ok

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit