Is abortion an unforgivable sin?

by e_louise 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• e_louise
    e_louise

Hi all i'm a newbie with a question:

Please ban you tell me if an unbaptized publisher has an abortion is this an unforgivable sin?

What would happen to the publisher if another JW reports them or they confess since they are not baptized?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Hi, Welcome to the board.

If you are an unbaptized publisher you cannot be disfellowshiped. Maybe the elders may speak with you if they find out you had an abortion.

Personally I do not feel that having an abortion is an unforgiveable sin. According to the bible the only unforgivable sin is to sin against God's holy spirit and there are different interpretations as to what that means but it is not having an abortion. Peace be with you, Lilly

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Jesus forgave the murderers/thiefs that died on the cross next to him

• restrangled
    restrangled

I have no idea if its is unforgivable. Perhaps that is up to the individual having to deal with the dilema.

I know several people in my life that had to get abortions and it was not an easy matter to handle.

I can relay one story because it was many years ago. One of my best friends in highschool got pregnant and my mom, a devout jw, took her with me to a gyno. After my best friend found out she was pg. had the procedure done. She became so depressed afterward, told me she felt like commiting suicide.

I felt I could trust my mom and told her of my best friend's feelings. My mom promptly called her mother and reported all. Her mother was not pleased that my mother had broken the trust and told her to get lost.

Ofcourse my best friend was furious and never spoke to me again for the rest of my High School life.

This girl went on to marry the man she had that abortion with and had 4 more children.

My point being is that what a girl has to do is her own business. I don't think I could ever do that myself but no one can judge another person's situation.

I do have a problem with 3'rd term partial birth abortions, I am firmly against that procedure.

r.

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

It is for this atheist.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It depends. Can the person forgive herself? If so, then it is forgivable.

S

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Abortion is one of those topics I struggle with. The problem for me is, I could argue for either side equally and find myself agreeing either way. I'm glad I've personally avoided ever being involved in the decision to keep or end a pregnancy.

Is abortion unforgivable? As mentioned, Jesus forgave murderers. So if abortion really is murder, then forgiveness is possible.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hi and welcome...

And unbaptized publisher would no doubt be taken off the 'unbaptized publishers' list and then no longer be an 'approved associate'. An 'approved associate' is only someone who is an 'unbaptized publisher' or baptized. JW lingo there.

Is abortion an unforgivable sin? To the elders... (who cares?)

to God...? It's a matter of research... If, after an individual, researches the bible.. and comes to the conclusion it is a serious sin..and then does it... God could look down on that.

But if a person, researches it and comes to the conclusion that it's not really bad.. and then does it.. well, he doesn't think it's a serious sin, so his heart is okay.. and God only judges the heart.

That's the way I see it, anyways....

• Warlock
    Warlock

There is only one sin that is unforgivable, and abortion is not it.

The problem with many, is while God has forgiven their sin, the person who sinned, never forgives themselves.

Warlock

• e_louise
    e_louise

Thank you all for leaving your opinions it is very much appreciated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit