How do you feel about the name Jehovah?

by JWdaughter 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Do you use it anymore? Do you care? Do you cringe when you hear it?

I am curious about the attitudes we hold about the NAME.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I still use it, and I still view him as God.

Warlock

• material BOY
    material BOY

yeah i use it too.

• Genesis
    Genesis

I prefer Jehobah, it is way funnier !

• Sirona
    Sirona

Jehovah is a modern interpretation of an older name. It doesn't hold any power for me anymore. Being polytheistic (more specifically, that gods are aspects of divinity as experienced by human beings) I cannot deny he is "a god", however, he is a god I wouldn't care to meet.

The God of the Witnesses "Jehovah" is a construct of their collective 6 million minds and as such is scarier than the traditional Jehovah.

Sirona

• Moomin
    Moomin

I'm still very confused about it but have forced myself not to use it until I have figured out what I think I should do. Until then, I just call him 'Father' like Jesus did. Sometimes it doesn't feel right not using his name but I don't know if thats because it is all I have ever known him by.

Moomin

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I never use it in a reverential way. I never capitalise it when I comment on this forum.

I use it usually when I see someone I've not met for a while, and they ask me if I'm still a jw.

• lowden
    lowden

At best, a fictitious god of ancient Judaism.

At worst, a revolting foul stench of a deity that cares not for it's followers. A genocidal shit that has no sense of humanity or true love and fellow feeling.

All that Jehovah signifies to me is evil, wickedness and pain.

Peace

Lowden

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Its right up there with Santa Claus and the others. I don't have any business with them and I don't have any business with him, it, whatever.

W.Once

• Sirona
    Sirona
    At worst, a revolting foul stench of a deity that cares not for it's followers. A genocidal shit that has no sense of humanity or true love and fellow feeling.

Well put! ROFL

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit