What did Jaracz disapprove of in the Awake! of April 8th 1992?

by slimboyfat 22 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Barabara Anderson says:

Barry was out of town and it took three senior writers to put enough pressure on Barr, as next in command, to keep the factory press room from capitulating to Ted Jaracz's orders not to print the April 8th 1992 Awake!, which contained material Jaracz did not support, although he was out of line by making such a demand. The job assignment of each Governing Body member was clearly delineated and Writing Department editorial decisions were not Jaracz's business, just like the decisions of the Service Department, under Jaracz's command, were not the affair of Barry, Barr or Klein.

I am really interested to know what it was Jaracz objected to. Here is the table of contents:

What

DoesEasterMeantoYou?

WhatDoesEasterMeantoGod?

Motorcycles?How

DangerousAreThey?

TheWomb?OurMarvelousFirstHome

YoungPeopleAsk. . .WhyShouldIStudyHardinSchool?

IAmGratefultoHaveSurvived

"I

WeptforJoy"

TheBible?sViewpoint Wickedness?WhoIstoBlame?

Watching

theWorld

ADaytoRemember

Slim

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i think he liked motorcycles

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Damn! - and I was sure he objected to the sidelining of test tube babies in the following article:

The Womb?Our Marvelous First Home

Slim

• blondie
    blondie

Motorcycle: Ted's new DRZ 400

After searching for a while, I picked up a 2003 Suzuki DRZ400S. It only had 645 miles.
    alt
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

Or he disapproved motorcycles? The article gave safety tips for those who "do" drive them, and if he disapproved of motorcycles the article would tacitly give approval to motorcycle driving (just as how many felt that giving condom education in public schools would give approval to premarital sex). But maybe Barry thought that it was more important to give safety tips but needed support of others to outweigh Jaracz's disapproval?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I'm voting for the womb one! I'll bet he didn't like the praise being given to women.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Perhaps he didn't like the advice to study hard in school, we all know how anti - education the wts is

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Motorcycles don't make very good field service vehicles. Sisters can't wear their ankle length skirts and there is no place to put literature. Besides, why waste money on a motorcycle when you can give the money to Jahoebah's Kingdom On Earth.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Jaracz objected to some material on surviving sexual abuse.

AlanF

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Might be 93 then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit