(9-11-01) September 11, 2001 Remembered

by jayhawk1 45 Replies latest jw friends

• skyking
    skyking

God bless their souls. Most of all of us will never forget what we were doing when this tragedy hit us and the WHOLE world.

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

There was a TV documentary on the attacks last night on our local CBS station, but I had to change the channel. Even after five years, it still seems so unreal...& so damn difficult to accept.

One of the worst aspects of 9/11 for me personally is that it occurred one day prior to September 12--the anniversary of my father's death. So now, for two consecutive days each year, I grieve not only the loss of those innocent lives, & the plight of those they left behind, but also the loss of the only person I am fully convinced ever truly loved me..

My heart cries for those lost on that horrible day..

DR

• morty
    morty

What a crap way of making history...

May you rest in peace....

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

{{{}}}

~Merry

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Firefighters, policemen, office workers,military people, civilian government people,secretaries, office boys,bankers, lawyers,food vendors,service people,tourists, children, salesmen . . . 3000 people from all walks of life died five years ago, people just like you and me . . .just like you and me.

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Morty & Merry--thank you for those kind responses. I certainly hadn't intended to distract from the main focus of this thread, the thousands of others who lost loved ones on this date (but I see now that another 9/11 thread was started today..)

Experience has taught me that it is probably best to ask for September 12th off from work if it happens to fall during the week (fortunately my supervisor is very understanding). Even now the growing lump in my throat tells me what I am in for tomorrow, but perhaps it is another way of demonstrating that I haven't forgotten him. And I know that I will not be alone--the river of tears from 9/11 ran long after the Towers came down..

I certainly could not have counted on that kind of understanding anyplace else (least of all in the 'Borg'). Thanks again.

DesertRat

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I feel for the families and friends of those lost who have holes in their lives that cannot be filled. I feel for those who still have the physical and psychological scars from what they experienced. I also feel for the many rescue workers who, having made it through 9/11, are now struggling with serious debilitating/life-threatening health issues as a result of their selflessness without government aid.

• almagothika
  • done4good
  • almagothika

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit