Ever know of a great family movie, the Witnesses found demons or evil in?

by free2beme 49 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    Alice in Wonderland

Awesome you must SEE it! Best disney movie ever!

• restrangled
    restrangled

I remember ET was a no no.

My father was a big movie buff, he saw everything. I remember letting him baby sit my son, and he let him watch anything he was watching. I use to have a fit about it.

He was no longer an Elder at the time, but I was still way too influenced by the WBTS.

Now I realize my dad did me a favor.

r.

• exwitless
    exwitless

Here's a good one: An elder in our congregation refused to let his children watch Barney because Barney practiced magic! Barney may be the most annoying kids show, but I don't think he'll lure kids into demonism!

• free2beme
    free2beme

Barney practices magic? I never even thought about that, it's a kids show and kids shows have stuff like that. I actually used to make fun of Barney until my son was born and watch it, now I think it teaches a lot of positive things to children.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Yeah...wasn't a movie, but Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland was villified for reasons I don't understand. I remember some people who found demonic messages in anything! It was all so ridiculous!

• Dawn
    Dawn

sspo: "Seinfeld"

Seinfeld rocks! "Are you the still the master of your domain?" I love that episode!

• exwitless
    exwitless

Well, this isn't a movie, but I just read on the WT official web site that Yoga is absolutely steeped in spiritism and should never be practiced by "true christians". Now they tell us how to exercise!

• freedom96
    freedom96

Yes, yoga has been a no no for at least 30 years.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Pirates of the Carribean

Wizard of Oz

• exwitless
    exwitless

I must have missed that memo, if that was well-known for 30 years. I suppose if I had actually signed up for a yoga class, the JW exercise police would have come to arrest me; then I would have known. Oh well, I'm out now, so if I want to do Yoga, I will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit