THE JW MALE

by Dansk 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

Among the J-dubs, men are to be respected simply for being a man. I don't agree with this. It's in my opinion that each person, on an individual basis has to earn his or her

own personal respect among peers/family/friends etc. It's not something that should be an entitlement

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dansk, you bring up a funny subject for me.

My grandmother converted from the 7th day Adventist to Jws way back.(early 20's) She was notorious, for being in charge. She was the first woman in North Dakotah to wear pants and made headlines at the time.

My mother her last child, has been just as fiesty, fighting elders as she sees fit. She was also top dog as far as the religion goes in the household I grew up in. She made sure my Father became an elder.

Here is the point, I grew up in a atmosphere of women dominated religious nut cases and they ran the show, there was no denying them.

Myself, and extended female family never had much respect for elders.....but, since my father died they have suddenly become prophets in my mother's mind.

You asked about the JW Male? No such thing where I grew up!

r.

• calico
    calico

Ian-

Wow--what a statement to hear from a man! Wish I was married to someone with your point of view.

My Mom and I have had conversations similar to your statement.

What would they be without their control!?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

The feeling of control is pretty friggin' cool, let me tell you. Especially with some of these sisters who can't go up to a door without a brother no more than 20 feet away. I'm not exaggerating much; there's a pioneer family, mother and daughter, who won't do a thing without a brother's direction. They are the worst case. But hey, I'm only 20 and they can't do a thing unless me or somebody else with a Y chromosome is there!

Even my mom gave me the green light to (verbally) lay the smack down on any sister who didn't like my steez when I conducted the bookstudy for the first time. It's power for the otherwise powerless. It's flippin' great.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

"And that's about all I gotta say about that!"

• lowden
    lowden

The feeling of control is pretty friggin' cool, let me tell you. Especially with some of these sisters who can't go up to a door without a brother no more than 20 feet away. I'm not exaggerating much; there's a pioneer family, mother and daughter, who won't do a thing without a brother's direction. They are the worst case. But hey, I'm only 20 and they can't do a thing unless me or somebody else with a Y chromosome is there!

Even my mom gave me the green light to (verbally) lay the smack down on any sister who didn't like my steez when I conducted the bookstudy for the first time. It's power for the otherwise powerless. It's flippin' great.

SIRNOSE 586

Are you serious? If you are, then you're in 'total dickhead' territory IMO. Pretty dysfunctional too.

Getting a kick out of 'lording it over people'?

I do hope you're joking.....kid!!

Grow up quick.

Lowden

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    It's power for the otherwise powerless.

Which is precisely why religion is so f**ked up in my view; it gives power to those who have no clue how to use it and to those who are intent on abusing it.

I rest my case.

DB74

• Gill
    Gill

As my Father told me : 'I am above your Mother because the Bible says so! Only Christ and God are above ME!'

I wondered, if I floored him with a great punch, would he still consider himself above my mother once he was laid flat out on the floor!

• calico
    calico

So, it's okay in your opinion to put someone down verbally? Where is your loving kindness? Wouldn't you rather have respect because you earned it?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Although I agree, what is funny is to take away the JW man's wife, and put him in a situation with "worldly" men of like upbringing. The dominant, head of the household JW male is surely to take the backseat to the worldly men.

BEcause they don't play by his rules, he can't win.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit