Pics of you with someone famous or a story???

by morty 30 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

How many of you here have pictures with you and famous or well-known Hollywood actors?

I was going through my pictures and I came across a few....

So, I will start a fluff thread and hopefully, we will get to see some of our favorite stars with a legendary poster!!!!

FIRST PICTURE

Me, Sass Jordan, (singer, Canadian Idol judge) Vic....

Vickie and I met her originally in a bar in Toronto...

SECOND PICTURE

The next pic is me and Brian Howe . He was the lead singer of Bad Company back in the day. After this concert, we went back to his hotel and met ZZtop, BTO, and Alice Copper..It was a night I will never forget!!! Lets just say, I saw the sun come up the next morning and my girlfriend is still dating Brian so, I still get to see him...

Do you have any good stories to share with us on who you met or had your picture taken with???????

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Me & Michael Franti (Spearhead) (not sure? Google him)

• morty
    morty

cool pic OGF..where did ya meet him?? He is does a combo kind of music if I am not mistaken such as rock/punk/rega??

any hemp hanging about that day??

• Arthur
    Arthur
    The next pic is me and Brian Howe . He was the lead singer of Bad Company back in the day.

When I first saw him, it looked like a picture of Crocodile Dundee after a night of drinking and fist fights.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

being in LA I have met a lot of celebs. Also I did a short stint at Creative Artists Agency where I saw bunch more.

probably the most interesting story though is one of my first celeb encounters back when I was pretty NAIVE.

It was back in 1989 when I flew out to LA for summer orientation for USC. I had taken a red eye that hopped from El Paso to Reno and then from Reno to LA. On the Reno leg as I boarded the plane I saw Comedian/Actor Louie Anderson (and his assistants) seated up front on the aisle. (I think I initially thought he was John Candy.) As I passed him, I nodded and said "I like your work." And he gave me a nod and said "thank you."

After we landed, I was hanging around the baggage claim trying to figure out what I should do. It was 2 am and check in at campus wasn't until 8 am. So I was just standing there and Louie walked up to me and started chatting me up, asking who I was and what I was doing etc. So we talked for like 10 minutes before his guys got his baggage. At the end of the conversation, I thought I should use the opportunity to "witness" to him, so I pulled out the newly released orange God's Word or Man's and handed it to him. Before, I could get out an explanation of what it was, Louie autographed it AND wrote his telephone number and said that I should "call him sometime and maybe we could hang out."

(I thought to myself that the poor guy was happy to have someone treat him like a normal person and not fawn all over him just because he was a celebrity.)

After school started about a month and half later, after prompting from my roommate, I decided to call up Louie and see what he was doing. We chatted for a while about this and that, school, his current projects and so forth. Then after awhile the conversation took a strange turn. Louie suggested that we could get together at his house sometime, have pizza and whatever. I think I asked something about what he meant by the "whatever" part and he said that there were some things that it was not wise for him to mention over the phone.

The light on my footpath was beginning to brighten, and it began to dawn on me that this guy might be in to me in more than a friendly way. (Of course, it wouldn't be until many years later that he would openly come out as being gay - unless maybe it was one of those Hollywood things where the insiders know the deal and it is just the general public that don't.)

Anyway, I think we had another conversation after that and by then the signals were pretty clear and I had gotten the picture by then of what Louie had in mind for this freshman just off the plane from New Mexico. I don't mean to say anything bad about him. He is a very sweet and kind guy who had an alchoholic father and a hard upbringing.

I never called him after that for a long time. Years later when he started hosting Family Feud, I tried the number just to see if it was still his but it was dc'd. I still had the God's Word of Man's pub with his signature and old phone number for a long time and i might have it around or boxed somewhere.

Anyway, that was an interesting celebrity encounter that has amused my family for quite some time. For me the funniest thing about the whole thing was when he autographed the publication when I was trying to place it with him.

-Eduardo

PS: I have pics of Leonard Nimoy (but I didn't get in them), got autographs from Elton John (for an ex girlfriend who was big on him), got an autographed Martian Chronicles from Ray Bradbury, chatted up Neve Campbell one time at a party, took a coke away from Christina Applegate of Married with Children Fame, saw Morgan Freeman not too long ago just a few feet away from me, and so forth. In LA it is easy to have such encounters but since I don't pay much attention to celebs I hardly ever see anyone unless someone points them out to me. A lot of my friends are in the industry. My friend Andy for example does the casting for CSI. A wedding I am going to tonight on the marina is of two friends who met on the set of 24 (he is a boom operator and she is an actress)...and so forth.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    cool pic OGF..where did ya meet him?? He is does a combo kind of music if I am not mistaken such as rock/punk/rega??

any hemp hanging about that day??

Ahhhh, Yes, here's the story in photo's...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/119678/1.ashx

• Lutece67
    Lutece67

I met Iron Chef, Mario Batali at a food event. I attended his cooking demonstration, he was funny, smart and very approachable. Ciao

• Badger
    Badger

I've met:

Jennifer Garner as I was leaving a Subway in Boulder

Ken Griffey Jr.

Eddie Sutton

Barry Switzer. I was shooting the 2001 Oklahoma-Oklahoma State game, and he checked my passes. Then, the Campus Cop came back and he and I walked down the ramp to the field together. You can't get much higher on the Oklahoma Olympus.

Dennis Rodman. Really laid back, and a big tipper.

Carmen Electra. Holy Christ, she is three times more beautiful in person. And I made her laugh.

• juni
    juni

THE CLOSEST I CAME TO A CELEBRITY WAS WHEN THE MAID OF _____________________ SAT NEXT TO ME AT A DISTRICT ASSEMBLY IN MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN. WE HAD A GOOD TIME TALKING ABOUT THE CELEBRITIES AND THEIR PARTIES DURING THE LUNCH TIME.

JUNI PS I'LL POST HER NAME WHEN I REMEMBER IT.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit