While being an active JW, did you throw away Watchtower literature?

by JH 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I am fresh enough out of the JW's that I still have all of my literature. I boxed it all up when I moved and now I'm torn with what to do with it. I have at least six huge boxes of sh*t!

I know I'm not going back, but I still feel guilty about throwing it all away - what should I do with it? What if I want to reference something later? I dunno... but I know it's taking up A LOT of space in my new house.

• done4good
    done4good

Yes, the magazines would just pile up if I didn't.

j

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

My youth book "accidentally" fell into the bin and got covered in kitchen waste and was never seen again. Satan must have done it

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I threw watchtowers and awakes away when I got the bound volumes, but I kept everything else

• JH
    JH
    I know I'm not going back, but I still feel guilty about throwing it all away - what should I do with it?

Keep it !!!

When you'll be 100% sure, then act. There is no rush. It took me over 10 years to make a good clean up.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Yes, no problem there, I paid for it so I can do what I want with it

I still have an Aid Book with my name on it, my folks gave me it when I got dooked, I don't use it but it would seem wrong some how to throw it out

BM

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I agree with JH about keeping them until you are certian what you want to do with the books. I threw mine out in a fit of rage after learning the real truth about JWs. Now I wish I had a few of them back, because they make reference material for here.

Really, the only book I wish I still had is "Listening to the Great Teacher." I liked that pink book. I have a copy of "My Book of Bible Stories," but I will keep it from my daughter because of the violence written in it. I also have the "Greatest Man" book, the Concordinance, "Aid to Bible Understanding," "Reasoning from the Scriptures," and a NWT Bible. The rest of my JW library can be found in the landfill.

I never bothered collecting bound volumes. I told the Elders, "Why do I need them, we have a set in the Kingdom Hall library and a copy machine if I need something." I just never saw the point in having books that I would never read anyway.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I finally just got rid of the last of my stuff. Drug it right out to the garbage bin ofr pick up.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Having been a JW for 30 years I had an over supply of magazines. I would pass the books on to pioneers and some magazines. What no one wanted I would bag an put in the trash can once a year. It was was just plain stupid to keep all those magazines we could not place. After I was in the witnesses for several years I developed the ability to toss them out, but I didn't tell anyone about it. Some people were so weird about tossing literature. I even threw away old books we'd studied if I picked up a new one to study over again.

Balsam

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Speaking of wierd, don't throw it away habits. I knew a sister that would go to used book stores and buy JW literature that could be had new at the Kingdom Hall, just so it wouldn't fall into the wrong hands.

What makes that wierd to me is don't they give the literature to anybody who wants it, regardless of motive?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit