What was the Average Attendence at your Kingdom Hall?

by jayhawk1 23 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

10 years ago, it was well over 100, and up to 130 sometimes, but when I left the average was below 100, and still falling.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Average attendance now : low 50's (including children, bible studies and unbelieving mates)

The number of publishers now : 48

The number of publishers four years ago : 65

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously by WTS standards)

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

In the english one I've been a part of in the last few years, its supposedly high 70s with a publisher count in the low 90s...with Sundays the recorded numbers even reach the mid 80s ...they count those tied in by phone. On many holiday weekends though you find it dropping down to the high 50s - low 60s.

In my area, about a decade ago, they split one larger congregation (it had about 130 publishers) into two (with some redistributing of publishers from yet other congregations). A practical cutoff even supported by sociology. Apparently 150 is the largest group size people can comfortably be in and keep decent tabs on everyone else. Its always about control isn't it?

On a happier note, at least two congregations have been deleted in my area in the last few years. Boundary changes and publisher shuffling were made to keep the number in each congregation looking "stronger". Hehe.

• free2beme
    free2beme
    Free2beme that's another thing we had a lot of is extra chairs. There must have bee about 50 extras stacked up in the back of the 2nd school room and in the janitorial room. They only was put out for the Memorial in case we was expecting several more attendees.

Our Kingdom Hall had chair in storage that they kept in the garage of a local elder. One time we went in got some, when a funeral was coming up of an elder that was well know. When we got there, the chairs were covered in spider webs and mildew from lack of use. Why so many?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit