What was the Average Attendence at your Kingdom Hall?

by jayhawk1 23 Replies latest jw friends

• lowden
    lowden

Erm.....No offence but....why does ANYBODY find this subject intriguing??

Peace

Lowden

• Gill
    Gill

When we left, the congregation had 98 publishers in it. There used to be average attendance of 75 on a Sunday and about 40 to 50 on Thursdays, and hardly anyone used to turn up for the group studys.

However, as far as I know, not much has changed despite there seeming to be a lot of cars in the car park.. If yu consider that a lot of these cars only have one person in, and as far as I know, only one new family has joined the local KH, I should imagine there's not been very much change as I have heard my parents bemoaning poor attendance.

• KW13
    KW13

i think at my old hall we were getting something like 120, but the number did drop quite a lot to just under 100 to just above, depending on different ones who came or didnt come.

• blondie
    blondie

lowden, prolbably because it more evident about the numbers of JWs than anything in the yearbook stats.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Any hall I attended had an average of 80 people in attendance.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

The hall my mom goes to is combining congos because the attendance has been so small. However, they do have a lot of spanish congos which seem to be growing. She is now going to start going to the hall she is assigned to which should prove interesting because she has had all kinds of problems in that congo.

She said that one average that congo I was raised going to still has around 110 to 120 people who go to Sunday's meeting. But I think it is probably the same as when I was a kid. A lot of men who are married to JWs wanted to go to church as a family, so they would make the kids go and they would go w/ them. The problem w/ that congo is that is ruled by a man w/ an iron fist. As the saying goes in the area, there are people who are waiting for the high priest to die so they can return to that congo because people hate the PO of that congo.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Free2beme that's another thing we had a lot of is extra chairs. There must have bee about 50 extras stacked up in the back of the 2nd school room and in the janitorial room. They only was put out for the Memorial in case we was expecting several more attendees.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Lovelylill, that is another thing I found odd, we would spend all that time wasting gas and knocking on doors and no one that didn't already have a JW family member was baptized in the years that I went regularly.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

What makes this subject interesting, Lowden, is how Watchtower Corp is all tied up in the numbers game. What makes this interesting to me is of the 6.5 million worldwide publishers the JWs claim to have, the real numbers is in the attendence. Only special occasions like CO visits, memorial, and when there is special news on the way (like the latest Kingdom News) does the JWs have peak attendence. Or at least that is the case for the local JWs. I am curious if this is the way it is worldwide.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Looking_Glass, what is the deal with assigned congregations? Why can't your mom pick where she wants to go? I know the JWs try to direct people where to go, but I didn't think there was a rule forcing people to go to a certain one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit