We've Reached Celebrity Status!!!

by Lady Liberty 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Yes, I've also been accused of starting my own religion. I think this is standard propaganda.

You know I truely wouldn't be suprised if the Elders themselves started these rumors just so the rest of the rank and file would totally stay away from us. They know we have questions regarding 607 etc. Instead of being innocent until proven guilty, you are guilty, guilty guilty! And NEVER given the opportunity to prove otherwise. It is like trying to stop a freight train. It is imposible!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

P.S. It has been 8 months now and still no reply from the Elders regarding our questions of 607! AMAZING!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

We are very unpopular, to say the least, with the local dubs. We haven't been accused of starting our own religion or any thing like that, but they know we are very active opposers. We emailed the forthcoming false religion tract to all the local churches that have the internet, and posted copies to those who don't. I also gave some of my work colleagues copies, and made sure the jw who works in the same area as me knew I'd done it. This was last week, so no doubt she will have reported back by now.

The best of it is, she's the only person in our office who hasn't seen the tract yet!

• moshe
    moshe

I once had a sister almost crawl into the frozen food case in a grocery store trying to hide her face from me. I just stood there for a minute and waited for her to surface- I said "Hi" and she promptly quit shopping and left the grocery store. I heard later that some of the brothers were shopping in a neighboring city to avoid running into me.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    P.S. The latest rumor mill has it that we are printing and publishing Apostate literature...which is totally untrue. Also, we have apparently started our own religion...which is totally untrue. AND...we apparently have started a new web site called The TRUE Jehovah's Witnesses...which is also untrue! Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE!!!

These are great ideas. We should do some!

And I love the idea of breeding nephilim. Im off to shag a really tall guy right now.

Moshe, you must be really high up in the apostate order to cause such altered shopping patterns.

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled
    I once had a sister almost crawl into the frozen food case in a grocery store trying to hide her face from me. I just stood there for a minute and waited for her to surface- I said "Hi" and she promptly quit shopping and left the grocery store. I heard later that some of the brothers were shopping in a neighboring city to avoid running into me.

That IS impressive!!!!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Also, we have apparently started our own religion...which is totally untrue.

This is really funny! This bunch couldn't organize a pi$$-up in a brewery, let alone starting a religion!

• moshe
    moshe

I might have embarrassed two or three brothers in public- I remember announcing to everyone in the check out line once "HEY EVERYONE!! This is Mr so and so-(pointing at him) he's a Jehovahs witness- ask him why helped hide my kids from me so that I couldn't take them to services at the Baptist Church". Maybe that had something to do with their altered shopping patterns?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Twenty-some years ago I was working at a local hospital and found that one of my colleagues was a young Dubbie lad. I took a coffee break with him and gave him an info sheet of questions regarding the WTS. Within 24 hours, my JW aunt had contacted the elders saying that I was "standing out in front of St. Francis hospital distributing apostate literature to everyone."

Somehow I wriggled my way out of being DF'd. Lied, prolly.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Starting ones own religion would be an obvious option for JWs, considering the borg was a human invention made up of vain imaginations of self agrandizement by the likes of Da Judge and his for-runner Chucky Russell. It's like the Apostle Paul falling off his ass onto his anterior anatomy, having a vision and claiming divine inspiration. That event established the philosophical groundwork for thousands of wantabees to claim they too have a direct line to the Man Upstairs. (aka gov bod)

carmel

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Bee...we ALREADY ARE a religion. Sorry pussycat. You looz.

Pronunciation: ri-'li-j&n
    Etymology: Middle English religioun, from Latin religion-, religio supernatural constraint, sanction, religious practice, perhaps from religare to restrain, tie back -- more at RELY
    1 a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion> b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
    2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
    3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : CONSCIENTIOUSNESS
    4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
    - re·li·gion·less adjective

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit