FLUER DE LIS WALLPAPER = TRINITY VISITING CO SUGGESTS IT MUST GO

by ZazuWitts 40 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

While they are at it, they might want to check the garden. Passion flowers are tied in with Christ, ie: Passion of Christ.

This thread makes me so angry. The pettiness of this religion is beyond belief. They should have been shown the door.

r.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'd once stumbled across a link that a former historic Masonic temple had been bought and renovated by the Jehovah's Witness. There was a large Masonic mosaic symbol inlaid in the front lobby. If I remember right, the Witnesses put down a rug. But do you think I can find the link? Wish I'd kept it.

The JW's have a fascinating side-hobby of renovating old theatres. In some cases, they keep the original decoration.

http://www.reexamine.org/index.php?title=Stanley_Theatre

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I never heard of that, but it doesn't surprise me. They seem to have so many rules these days, it's impossible to know them all, let alone keep them. Maybe this co was making up his own rules, like some congregations around here won't allow anyone with a beard any privileges, ehile others aren't so pedantic.

• sinis
    sinis

I'd once stumbled across a link that a former historic Masonic temple had been bought and renovated by the Jehovah's Witness. There was a large Masonic mosaic symbol inlaid in the front lobby. If I remember right, the Witnesses put down a rug. But do you think I can find the link? Wish I'd kept it.

The JW's have a fascinating side-hobby of renovating old theatres. In some cases, they keep the original decoration.

http://www.reexamine.org/index.php?title=Stanley_Theatre

They may have no choice, especially if it is deemed a historical site.

• nelly136
    nelly136

it used to confuse me that although jws dont salute flags or stand for national anthems or pay homage to country leaders blah blah, they often have international delegates wearing full national costume to assemblies, they used to get a special mention and often a comment about their dress and people used to practically queue up to get pics of them, surely that is honouring a nationalistic symbol? i thought the iea of jw dress was to be modest and not draw attention.

so to find a bit o patterned wallpaper offensive is a bit rich?

• daydream1900
    daydream1900

lol!! yeah

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

The weathers bad, so I'm not going out!

Two buildings of most interest are Clark street: Golden Tri-Watchtowers, cinquefoil roses everywhere(symbol of Mary's womb you'll find in most churches), and shields shaped like a cross; also the Bossett has over 60 gargoyles, the entrance doorway is bordered in adorned gold 'T's(think of king Neb), and the thing that made my mother cry when she visited - as much opulence as a 5 star Vegas hotel.

steve

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I have heard of the fleur-de-lis pattern being offensive.....many years ago this came up somewhere.....so it's nothing "new" on the horizon.

they often have international delegates wearing full national costume to assemblies, they used to get a special mention and often a comment about their dress and people used to practically queue up to get pics of them, surely that is honouring a nationalistic symbol? i thought the iea of jw dress was to be modest and not draw attention

Color ME embarrassed! I was one of those back in the 90's when there was an International Assembly in Toronto, and I raced down from the top level to get pictures of the Korean delegates all lined up during the final song in their National garb. Actually, I was quite impressed and never thought twice about what you are saying here! But you're right! I have several of delegates from previous years from Africa, the Netherlands, etc. People and cultures have always been of interest to me.

It ALWAYS made me uncomfortable when the subject would turn to these insignificant nit-picky things that JWs LOOOOVE to gloat over as being "not of the world". They are OUT of this world...but who notices.

BIG HELLO'S AND BIGGER HUGS TO OUR FRIEND, ZASU!!! It's so nice to have you posting!

Annie

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I once while standing in the KH I had a MS tell me that me wearing heart shaped barretts in my hair to the KH was like "carrying a loaded gun into (his) house."

What tha??????

Please. There had never been any directive on it, he just got a bee in his control-issues-are-out-of-control bonnet. Give me a break.

The fleur de lis IS for French royalty, not sure about the trinity, but to hell with 'em. Thank the gods these people don't even TRY to dish this crap out at me anymore.

• blondie
    blondie

It isn't just the WTS that says the fleur-di-lis is representative of the trinity. The point is that almost no one knows that so why make a point of it?

It is one of the gnat things that JWs focus on and ignore the child abuse problem requiring 2 eyewitnesses before any action will be taken.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit