FLUER DE LIS WALLPAPER = TRINITY VISITING CO SUGGESTS IT MUST GO

by ZazuWitts 40 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

sinis, just remember, I don't write them, I just post them.

Blondie

Which building; do you have a picture you can post? stevenyc

• jgnat
    jgnat

I had wondered about this myself, as the new Kingdom Hall in our neighbourhood is full of Roman ornamentation and symbolism. The platform is flanked by Iconic columns, for instance, and there is a repeating shield or losenge pattern on the chair-rail.

http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/galleries/Arts/roman_ornament.htm

I guess as long as there are no overt symbols from Christendom, it's all cool.

One of the coolest churches I ever visited was a Baptist church in the heart of Harlem. That choir really knew how to rock the place. They were housed in an ancient (to my eyes) building with decorations I had not seen anywhere else. There was a stained-glass window depicting David conquering Goliath, and there were marching lambs and lions running around the second floor balcony. The service was nearly over before I realized I was looking at JEWISH decoration. The Baptist church was renting the building from a local Reformed Jewish congregation.

It occurs to me now that these decorations would be perfectly appropriate in a Kingdom Hall (aside from the small matter of the COLOR and DECORATION clash with the bland WTBTS corporate theme).

• blondie
    blondie

How come they didn't paint over it or cover it up?

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Blondie, it stormy here at the moment, if it clears up I'll pop out and take some pictures for you. There's also a building with three watchtowers, in gold, arainged in a kind of cross. Oh, and if you ever want to talk to a jdub about idoletry, most buildings have a huge WATCHTOWER on them.

steve

• sinis
    sinis

I know Blondie Just pisses me off how they can strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel.

• blondie
    blondie

That would be great, steve. I'm sure Zazu would like them too to use.

Blondie

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Yes, Steve, please I would love to have those pixs - i can send them over to my son's pc since I can't print them out w/ my web-tv. Blondie, thanks for your research - most interesting! If you knew my SIL - you would know why she didn't just paint over it - Think of 'Hyacinth Bucket' on Keeping up Appearances - and you'll get the idea. Btw, when I mentioned if they could grow iris flowers in their gardens - I was met with a huge sigh and then silence...her typical response when I bring up something she doesn't want to hear. Mumbling and then silence - if I push it too far she will just quietly disconnect.

• juni
    juni

I AM JUST BURNING AND PISSED OFF SUPREMO.

MAYBE IT'S MY AGE.......BUT THIS CRAP GETS ME GOING. IF I WERE YOUR SISTER-IN-LAW SERVING HIM A FREE, DELICIOUS MEAL AND HE SAID THAT I WOULD'VE TAKEN HIS DAMN PLATE AND THROWN THE FOOD OUT AND INVITED HIM TO LEAVE.

THE AUDACITY AND SMUGNESS OF THESE BASTARDS!!!!

YES. IF YOUR WALLPAPER IS ON TIGHTLY (ALSO SEAMS HAVE TO BE RE GLUED DOWN IF THEY ARE LIFTING) YOU CAN PRIME AND PAINT RIGHT OVER. I DIDN'T KNOW THIS WHEN I DID A KITCHEN AND IT HAD THE OLD CLAY PASTE. IT WAS LIKE REMOVING GUM FROM YOUR SHOE.

JUNI

• daydream1900
    daydream1900

yeah reminds me when they told me to crop my hair short like the other brothers as they had reports my hair was a little offensive get real i loved my think tinted Blondie locks i shalt not cut! jealous cows!

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

you mean i can't root for the saints? lmao...they find the stupidest things to rule on sometimes...guess thats somewhere in the bible too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit