I'd appreciate some insight on what my mother claims was said at assembly

by free2beme 74 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH
    Is your mom usually that dramatic? She most like read more into what was being said--meditated on it and then took it out on you! She's most likely sincere--it's like playing telephone--the story gets bigger as it gets passed along! My mom does it, too! It can drive you nutty!

These words remind me of our friend Danny Haszard who says the WT is the "Cult of Innuendo."

Remember that they are still talking to JW who have been entrenched for 30 or 40 years. They speak in circular meanings....about 'strong' JWs and 'weak' JWs....those that are 'strong' will interpret this one way....the faders or the young people who never knew about the old-skool JW ideology will interpret in another way.....

They are especially this way now since the JW are being run by lawyers...a whole bunch of "could be" talk. Which the older ones interpret as though God shit that thought out directly. The younger ones are like...wow maybe something is coming.

The older ones hear a different message than the young ones because of their history.

Lisa

• vitty
    vitty

I hope they dont try and contact me.....................im trying to escape the radar

I cant believe the WT would want anyone "contaminated" with internet knowlege anywhere near the KH

Although I did hear about someone going back to meetings at my old hall after 20 years absence..........

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The preaching work is Over..I don`t think so ..Got to sell magazines,books,bull-sh*t...OUTLAW

• Mary
    Mary
    "The preaching work is over, and will no longer continue. The message is not being meant with success in the field and no one is listening anymore and their hearts have grown hard to the message. The work of preaching will no longer focus on the neighborhoods of nonbelievers, but rather on trying to get those who have left (disfellowshipped, disassociated, and the inactive) to come back to the religion.

Oh pul-ease......there's a better chance of George Dubya pulling out of Iraq by 6:00pm tonight than the Borganization telling people that they don't need to go out knocking on doors any more. It sounds to me like your mother is definitely reading stuff into what was actually being said. This is quite common amongst older Witnesses.....they've been told for half a century that they'd never grow old or die in this world, so needless to say, when they get into their 70s, 80s and 90s, they start to panic and will grasp at any straw that indicates they won't have to meet their maker. The goomba on the platform might have said something like "...all indications are that the preaching work is nearing it's completion" or some crap like that, and many will interpret that to mean The End is nigh. I remember going to visit one elderly brother about 7 or 8 years ago and all he could talk about was that the WTS was "now saying we're deep, deep into the Time of the End" and that it should be here within a couple of years at the most." The poor bugger died 3 years ago.

Elders, Ministerial Servants, and spiritually strong publishers will be making an active effort to let those who left know, the preaching work is over and this is a sign of the end being ever more near. This will be their final warning, of sorts."

Ya, okay........I'm sure everyone on this site will go running back to the Hall with the mind boggling evidence they're presenting that The End is near.

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

The preaching work will never end until armageddon, which means of course, that it will never end, but I wouldn't be surprised if the elders start concentrating their efforts on inactive ones to try and get them back to the occasional meeting, if only to boost the attendance figures, which have been falling for years around here.

As for disfellowshipped ans disassociated ones, well I 've only just takem that step, so maybe they haven't given up on me just yet, though they may as well. I know one thing, if they knock on Trev and Linda's door, they won't enjoy the reception!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

F2bm -

Your mom, like many others is so enamoured with the idea that this must happen someday that she is grasping at words that will agree with her. I suggest that she heard a talk in which the speaker took a little too much latitude with the matter and began a line of speculation that convinced her that speculation was reality. Or some combination.

Jeff

• restrangled
    restrangled

A cousin of mine told me her parents are completely fired up and her 72 year old mom will be pioneering in October. Her mom said they are expecting major persecution after the tract is out and this will finally be it.

To me it all sounds like the hype before '75. There were so many rumours and excitement. Each indivdual adding there take and fueling the fire.

r.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    "The preaching work is over, and will no longer continue. The message is not being meant with success in the field and no one is listening anymore and their hearts have grown hard to the message. The work of preaching will no longer focus on the neighborhoods of nonbelievers, but rather on trying to get those who have left (disfellowshipped, disassociated, and the inactive) to come back to the religion. Elders, Ministerial Servants, and spiritually strong publishers will be making an active effort to let those who left know, the preaching work is over and this is a sign of the end being ever more near. This will be their final warning, of sorts."

I have learned so much about the Watchtower Society in the almost two years since I DA'd from the cult. More importantly, I have come to know the real Jesus and have been praying that the JW's will start calling on lil' old apostate Bob. Maybe, just maybe some seeds of real truth will start growing in their empty hearts if they do drop by and stay for 5 minutes.

• moshe
    moshe

Did you hear that Idabell? The preaching work is finally over!!

Praise Jehoovah, we can finally go home!! Over 66 years ago we answered Rutherford's call - we gave up children, a career, everything --- and what did we get for all that work in the end ? Nothing!

alt

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    A cousin of mine told me her parents are completely fired up and her 72 year old mom will be pioneering in October. Her mom said they are expecting major persecution after the tract is out and this will finally be it.

This is so pitiful.....how the WTS can manipulate these minds and convince them "this is what God wants of you"......

I also have to wonder-----HOW does anyone pioneering ease the ill-effects of the anticipated "persecution"?????

Makes a curious mind go......hmmmmmmm!.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit