Daughter getting out of ARMY!!!!!

by purplesofa 27 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I just got the confirmation she is getting OUT!!!

She was in combat competition(won for her team) but she broke her wrist and thumb...and shattered her knuckle.

So they gave her a choice.........as they knew she wanted out.

She said the commander spoke with her yesterday saying he wanted her to stay as all he heard was good things about her. Of course, he said he thought the army would be good for her. She said NO, I want to go home.

I am so happy!!!!

I am so glad my daughter will be home soon.

purps

• Gill
    Gill

Purps - Glad your daughter is going to be home soon. Give her a good chance to settle down. It may take a while.

As for Iraq - well, we shouldn't have been over there in the first place and both the US and the UK are so packed with intelligent people we should have stopped using oil a decade ago, and left the Mid East to contemplate its own navel!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Purps,

So glad your daughter is coming home!

It should be interesting when the world is no longer dependent on oil. How many Arab states will be allies of the west, then?!

Ian

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

"Thanks Dansk and Gill...I edited out my little rant about Iraq, in case anybody is wondering about Dansk & Gill's comments

I did not want to get slammed for ranting.........

about Iraq and oil........I don't know enough to defend myself!!!!

purps

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I don't know enough to defend myself!!!!

Actually, I'd have left your rant in as it was sound. If someone wants to slam you just ignore them. I don't answer such posts!

Ian

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks Dansk

I really have a difficult time in speaking my mind. Esp about politics.

I know its JW stuff pounded in my head.

I discount expressing my thoughts and ideas.......for fear they are WRONG.

I am working on it.

purps

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

yea!!!! I know how much it'll mean to you knowing she'll be home and out of harm's way!!

shelley

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

Wonderful news about your daughter Purps!

and as far as the expressing of yourself......well I`m right up there with you! Believe me if I could write down what I was thinking correctly!... I`d definitely be yabbering alot more than four hundred and some odd posts!!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Purps, remember when she was about to go, and you were so worried?

Just think, had she backed out then she would've faced a lot of scrutiny from her peers, and possibly from potential future employers.

However this way, she served. She got training (which will benefit her in the future), she has self respect that she EARNED, and she made the choice, ON HER OWN, to leave the army.

She made the right decision (for herself) purps, and I know you are damn proud.

Please, once again, shake her hand (the not broken one) for me, and thank her for her service, and her willingness to serve our country.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Oh Purps this is great news!! I remember you're thread about her going and not knowing what to say to help you feel better.

I hope her hand heals well and quickly.

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit