Daughter getting out of ARMY!!!!!

by purplesofa 27 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Just think, had she backed out then she would've faced a lot of scrutiny from her peers, and possibly from potential future employers.

However this way, she served. She got training (which will benefit her in the future), she has self respect that she EARNED, and she made the choice, ON HER OWN, to leave the army.

She made the right decision (for herself) purps, and I know you are damn proud.

Richie,

You are gonna be a great dad someday! Yeah she gets a medical discharge, I am proud of her. But I do want my baby home.

I hope we figure out soon how to get everyone else home. I hope America gets there head out of there backend and do what it takes to not depend on oil. We probably could have done it by now if not for all the money and energy we are spending elsewhere.

Bring our people home and fix a broken city and displaced people. Make the core of US strong.

purps

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Congratulations!!! News prolly don't come much better than this.

j

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

One less worried mom wearing a hole in the livingroom carpet

I think the frontline combatants deserve our support, especially when they return home, but the folks who put them there want boiling in oil...

• blondie
    blondie

It's voluntary now but who knows what time will bring as to the military and the draft in the US. I was talking to a workmate who just got back from Iraq, his third tour. He anticipates a 4th. He looked tired.

I'm glad your daughter found out what she really wanted to do and was able to leave.

I wonder how much more people and resources the US, the UK, and other countries will pour into the Middle East?

Blondie (child of Korean war and grew up during Vietnam)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Was or is your daughter in the Russian army or the United States Army?

Regardless I can understand a mothers wanting their child out of harms way. Best wishes to you and your daughter.

• restrangled
    restrangled

So glad your girl is coming home and is alive and hopefully soon will be well.

It must have been very nerve wracking to have her over there.

If your family can afford it I would suggest a nice vacation together. If she is considered still active duty the Military has some beautiful Hotels and vacation packages at very reduced rates for her and any family members.

The 4 options are, Germany, Orlando, Hawaii, and Korea. Real bargains!

I am happy for you!!!

R.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Excellent.

That's good news.

Ronin1

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I am so glad to hear that Purps, you must be so relieved.

Linda

• Twitch
    Twitch

Glad to hear it; you were worried 'bout it, naturally.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Glad to hear it.

You were pretty worried about it, naturally.

:-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit