SHOULD JWS GO TO CAR BOOT SALES?

by badboy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I UNDERSTAND THAT A FAIR NUMBER(NOT ALL) are used by criminals to sell goods.

Should a true christian go to such events if sustect activty is going on?

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

it's probablly ok, as long as the criminal wasn't a psychic. or tarot card reader....

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

I'm pretty sure that no law abiding people are supposed to buy stolen goods so what this would have to do with just JW's? and define "true christian".

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

By they way, what would the equivalent of these "sales" be in the U.S., and where can I find them.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

You English crack me up. At first, I didn't know what this thread was talking about. Here in the US 'boots' are put on our feet, and 'bonnets' are put on babies heads.

You put them on your cars (autos). But, oh well, we love ya anyway!

Outaservice (the bloody bloke)

• solo
    solo

I bullied my parents (current JWs) to do a car boot with me on account of all the clutter they have collected over the years, so we shared a stand - they looked a little surprised when i pulled out an old xmas tree but didn't say anything

later i went for a wander around so they looked after the staff and guess what, sold the tree! I thought it was quite funny but didn't say so,

by the old man is the PO so i wander how his conscience dealt with that one

didn't see them purchase any stolen goods tho'

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I live in Florida what is a car boot sale. Cars dont wear boots here. What does a car boot look like? What do you do with it?

• solo
    solo

someone rents a field and advertises something like "car boot her Sunday" then people fill their boot (trunks) with rubbish lying around their house and go to the said field at about 5am in the pitch black. when they arrive lots of strangers open all the doors before the car has stopped and start pulling out the crap and ask how much for this, when the weirdos have dispersed the car owner empties all the rubbish and then attempts to sell it to anyone mad enough to turn up on a sunday morning. If you are a JW you should be at a meeting, if you are not a JW you should have more sense

basically that's about it - oh there may be a portaloo if you are lucky and a manky hot dog stand

• Honesty
    Honesty

We call them 'Flea Markets' here in the States.

I haven't seen many fleas at them. Nor for that matter any dogs for the fleas to ride in on.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Solo, Thanks for the explanation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit