Has Your Fashion Sense Changed Since You Were a Dub?????

by mama1119 12 Replies latest jw friends

• mama1119
    mama1119

Mine has. As a child I wore the woal skirts and turtlenecks (hated them) and as a teen I wore lots of ugly skirts and tops with buttons, made sure not to look trendy. When I was in my early twenties and on my way out I started being more myself, wearing some funky digs, pretty much just to give a shock. Does anyone else think they dress differently after bieng out of the borg???

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Naw, Im still about as lame as I was before

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yep, when I was young, single and hot I used to wear dresses that hit my mid-thigh skin tight dresses (this is before the 4 kids mind you, wouldn't catch me dead in something like that now - well maybe if I lose 70 pounds ) and 4 inch heels with fishnet stockings.

Yeah baby I was hot.

Josie

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Yeah baby I was hot.

Your avatar must be a pic from back then huh?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No I got one better than that but my hubby would never let me put it online

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I think it has to a point - now I can decide what I want to wear according to what I think, not having to think of what the elders will think and say... I wouldn't say I dress provacatively but I don't have to be so concerned with "modesty" anymore, and that is nice! I think my style has gotten cuter, slightly trendier... no more long shapeless skirts and baggy sweaters, thankyouverymuch! :-D

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

as a Dubbie kid ('bout 12)

alt

5 years later...

alt

and now, sometimes I walk around looking like a Fraggle...

alt

... or jesus...

alt

... or G'd up, from the feet up...

• mama1119
    mama1119

HAHAHAHA...I love you as Jesus, good look!!!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I still dress fairly well for work, a little dub - like still, but it's nice to be able to socailise in something a little more fashionable without someone counselling you, and I wear jeans a lot more now than I ever did as a jw.

• okie46
    okie46

When I was younger, I dressed very frumpy, and didn't realize it until I saw pics of myself a few years later. I have a very fashionable friend, who took me shopping several years before I left the org. and I started changing my style then to a more youthful and more flattering one.

Now, if I am going out, I wear my lowcut, or sheer shirts, skirt to my butt, fishnets and boots, just because it is fun and no one can tell me not to. I am more age appropriate at work, but am no longer a frump.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit