Hello everybody

by iamfreenow 41 Replies latest jw friends

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Hello,

I am Marion, a friend of fullofdoubtnow (Linda), and I have just disassociated from Jehovahs Witnesses. I was only announced a couple of days ago, after a lifetime of association. Linda has posted about me before, but it's wonderful to be able to post in my own right, and I am really looking forward to getting to know you all.

I am 59 years of age, 60 in November, and have been a JW all my life, baptised since 1961, and I thought I would always be a Witness, but I now know absolutely that it isn't the truth. My son is already shunning me, and he won't be the only one, I am sure, but whatever the JWs try to do, I will not go back. I cannot, it isn't the truth and I will not be a hypocrite and preach lies, so here I am.

I haven't got used to being a former Jehovahs Witness yet, it's only been 2 days, though I haven't been to any meetings for a while, so bear with me if I still use a bit of Witness - speak, although Linda and Trev are watching over me so I don't make too many errors! They are such wonderful friends, the best I have, and probably the best I have ever had, but they have assured me that I will make friends here, and non - conditional ones at that. I very much look forward to doing so.

Thankyou all for the support you have sent to me when Linda has posted about me, it has meant so much, particularly coming from people who I have never met, and perhaps never will meet, in person. I feel a sense of belonging already, and look forward to many happy times with you on this board. You are all so kind.

all my love

Marion xxx

• Dansk
    Dansk

WELCOME (again) MARION!

So good to have you here and we all look forward to more of your posts. Chill out and enjoy!!

Love,

Ian

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Welcome to the board Marion. We are very happy that you are here. Don't worry about saying anything wrong... some of us still do, at least I know that I do. I'm not sure what else to say except that I am happy that you are at this board. Its a good board and the people here are wonderful! Welcome again!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

WELCOME MARION (iamfreenow) - so good to have you here

• Dansk
    Dansk

P.S. Great forum name, by the way!

Ian

• unique1
    unique1

CONGRATULATIONS on making the break!!! It is liberating at first, then the relatives come into play and make it sad for a little while. Once you get past that it is all good. Just try and hang in there for the next 60 days. Seems like you have a great support system. We will try to help some too. Hopefully your son will wonder why you left and follow suit. It will take time though. Best Wishes and WELCOME!!!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board Marion!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Welcome! You're free now. Take a deep breath, and enjoy the rest of your life.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Welcome Marion

Dismembered

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Greetings from one newbie to another.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit