Hello everybody

by iamfreenow 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Hi Marion,

I'm just a little older than you and was also babtised in 1961 as a JW. It takes a while to get rid of the baggage and rebuild your life but take it a day at a time. I was rebabtised in the Jordan River a few years back as I didn't want a JW Babtism on my record.

Outaservice

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome Marion!

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome Marion

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Welcome, welcome, welcome and CONGRATULATIONS on your STRENGTH!!!

I'm a newbie here too, Marion, but I have now been out of the Org longer than I was in (and I was raised in it.) Thank heavens for this forum and all of the souls who make it, it is a great place to be and you will never be without a support group now!

And believe me... it gets easier and easier. The only thing that never goes away is the concern for those beloveds still in.

Strength be YOURS, Gal.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, Marion!!! It's good to have you here.

Cellist

• juni
    juni

Dearest Marion,

You are blessed to have Linda and Trev by your side to be a support. But you did the hard "work". It takes conviction and strength to take that step out. That is a lot of history in the organization for you. I personally know how hard it is. But as time passes you become resolved in your decision and you make new friends. We can never erase the memory of our time in the religion, but we find a place for it and get on with our lives.

I really look forward to your future postings and getting to know you better.

May you have peace of mind.

Love and a big hug,

Juni

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Welcome, and much love, you are very brave.

GoodGirlBadGirl

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    who I have never met, and perhaps never will meet, in person. I feel a sense of belonging already, and look forward to many happy times with you on this board. You are all so kind.

Welcome Marion! I have to tell you, if you thought JW's were friendly, just wait till you meet the exjw's. A groupr of real people with a ton of love to give. I bet you meet us at some time! Hopefully soon enough. We will be having a fest over there soon enough. It is already in the works.

It is so heartwarming to see a person who was a JW for so long wake up and come around. It gives me hope for loved ones.

So again welcome. Anytime you want to stick your foot in your mouth feel free. There are so many that do everyday. This week I think I am topping the charts and it may be fun to have some company! Not a lot of people here judge and those that do can kiss my big behind and crawl back under their rock until they grow up!

Decki

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome Marion, it's a strange feeling for me that you were a JW since 1961 and until recently, that was the year that I was born. I understand Fullofdoubt now helped you see the truth about the JWs.

• vitty
    vitty

Hi and welcome

I have been reading your story via fullofdoubt so its nice that you have joined.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit