MY SON'S LEAVING HOME!!!!!!!!

by Dansk 44 Replies latest jw friends

• okie46
    okie46

I am very happy for you and your family. It is a wonderful feeling to know that your child will be attending University, getting a degree and that they will have the tools to be successful in life. You feel like your heart is bursting with love and parental pride at times like this. You will feel even more wonderful when he graduates with his degree. My youngest son graduated from University this last spring and I am so proud of him. Isn't it amazing to see your children grow and mature? So happy you are having this opportunity to share your love with him.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

This is so sad... I mean it's good but it's so sad too... I hate to think of my two daughters leaving. I know one day they will but I hate to think about it!

• delilah
    delilah

Kids grow up sooooo fast - but the main thing is Karl is his own man. He's FREE!!

Yes they do grow up MUCH TOO FAST.....Congratulations, Ian. I'm so very happy for you and your children as well. Getting a good education is NECESSARY these days, and it's wonderful to be able to get one, without the Borg breathing down one's neck.

When my daughter left for university, I was very happy, but yet sad, too. She was getting to do something I was not even given the option of doing, and I was extremely proud of her.( still am!!) She eventually moved back home, and has recently moved out again, and THAT was hard . I really cried this time.

Best of luck to both of your children, they will have a blast.....

• PaulMarshall
    PaulMarshall

Hi Ian.

Give my thoughts to your son. As I said to Claire only this morning. Swtp. "You are never on your own. I will only ever be a few steps behind you" so I know exactly how you are feeling. He sounds like he is going great guns and no doubt a lot of that is down to you fella

Paul

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dear ALL,

Karl just popped in to change and pick up some things - and I showed him all your messages. He's had to rush out again but asked me to say how deeply grateful he is for your taking the time to write and wish him well. As he said: "This is a great place to be upbuilt."

I've told Karl that once he's settled in Brighton he MUST log on here! He said himself how it is filled with such intelligent people and he can ask virtually any question and get an answer!

For myself, please accept my deepest thanks - I'm choking up - for encouraging him (((((((((((((((GROUP HUG))))))))))))).

Claire and I will be away from the forum all day Wednesday as we help Karl settle in in Brighton!

Love,

Ian

• Dansk
    Dansk

Well, we're packing tonight in preparation for tomorrow's journey. Stephanie has suggested we have a Chinese take-away to "celebrate" (I think she must have designs on Karl's room!).

We'll be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow so as to get an early start for the 6 hour journey and, thereby, hopefully avoid traffic. It feels like the end of an era ----------------- but the start of an exciting new one!

Karl's hoping to be back for the Aposta Curry!

Ian

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I hope the journey there and back is hassle free for you and that Karl settles in to the new place and his studies quickly.

And hope to meet him at the curry!!

(((hugs))) to y'all

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

Have a safe trip.

How are you going to cope going all day without access to JWD. If you are passing my way you could stop off and get your fix.

• outnfree
    outnfree

This is wonderful news, Ian and Claire!

CONGRATULATIONS, KARL!!! You will LOVE your time at University, I'm certain of it!

Yes, it is bittersweet for the parents (and even siblings) left behind, but such a happy adventure for the student.

Just wanted to quickly wish you all a safe trip, as you'll be heading out in a few hours, and much success to Karl (& Stephanie).

Brenda

• Dansk
    Dansk

Well, we're back!

Claire and I got things ready early and Karl and his girlfriend, Sarah, came round here. The car was already almost fully loaded up so we were able to get away before 8.00 a.m. The journey took us around 5 hours, including a short break at a service station (exorbitant prices!), before we arrived in Brighton, where we had a fish & chip lunch (Claire and I had scampi and chips).

We later met up with Karl and Sarah again at their house when, by this time, their three colleagues had joined them. Altogether the house will be shared by 5 people.

Claire had cried just before setting off because Stephanie and thrown her arms around Karl to wish him well. They have grown up together so it was a wrench.

We didn't stay at their house for long after helping move their belongings in. We wanted to allow them to settle in on their own - and who wants parents around at their age?

As it was only around 5.00 p.m. Claire and I decided to drive back home rather than stay in the town. We got back around 11.00 p.m. While in Brighton, we had a paddle!!

Thanks to everyone for your kind messages to Karl and Stephanie.

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit