RichieRich: Holier than thou?

by RichieRich 41 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hooooo, Richie, you are SOOOOO yanking my chain! I am speechless, and will remain so. As it appears whatever I advise, you swiftly go to the contrary.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    conservative piercings don't effect my profession

Dude, try not to look at the short term. I'm guessing you will not work your entire life at Target. You might want to think about slowing down just a little and wait until you really get settled into a "profession." You never know, a future potential employer may very well overlook your qualifications simply because of your youthful oat sowing.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I have to laugh a little because in my crazy behavior the last few weeks I decided to pierce...er...repierce my nose and so I tried it stone cold sober.

This reminded me of when I got my ears pierced! My parents wouldn't allow me to pierce my ears; my first husband wouldn't allow me to pierce my ears....so as a "happy divorce" present to myself in 1966 I had one of my friends do the piercing. (In my pre-JW days)

As I was sitting there, SHE downed two quick shots of Seagram's and "dug in"!

As "gracefully mature" (who said that???) as I am at 65, I would consider getting a tattoo even now......something small~like a tiny colorful butterfly or a small fairy like TinkerBell, etc, on my shoulder or my ankle.

Richie? Have either of your parents seen the "new you" since you left the house? If you have mentioned this I missed it. I can't even imagine how I would have reacted when I was still a JW and one of my boys had come to visit while sporting these! I was disappointed enough in them when they lit up a cigarette back in those days!

Take care kiddo......we love you,

hugs,

Annie

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    What is the incentive, is it for yourself or for others who will be looking at you? Do you get some type of special feeling or something? Maybe fit into a special group of contemporaries or something like that? Just wondering.

I didn't do it to be different, I just did it to be me. I derive no pleasurefrom the actual pain.

For me, my tattoos mean a lot. The thought and reasoning behind their design is something that I am really proud of, but the placement of my tattoos is done so that even with a Tshirt on, you can't see anything.

If there has to be a childish simplistic reason for the metal in my ears, its this: I can. Its not going to get me fired, or kicked out of school, or DFed, so who cares. And even if I stop liking them in a few years, all I have to do is pop them out. Its just for me. Like saying happy birthday, or telling someone "bless you". ITs just an amazing thing that I can do, without harming anyone.

• xjwms
    xjwms

OH Richie

ouch, .. gawd that looks painful......

I am too old for anything like that

• xjwms
    xjwms

I hav-a idea for your next tatooo

M O M

• daystar
    daystar

That's awesome Richie! That was also one of the first things I did when I left, other than grow my hair long.

The only thing I can think of that I might recommend against is going for putting spacers in... unless you want to be 60 with big gaping holes in your earlobes.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

It looks good, Ritchie.

Undecided--to answer your question, I like body art. No reason, just something I've always liked.

If profession wasn't an issue, I'd have my tongue pierced again. When I was 20, my tongue was done and the swelling never went down after a week. Working as a receptionist, I took it out, not because I was asked, but because I was frustrated I couldn't talk!

The most unsettling part was actually the sound of the needle popping through my ear, and I had a friend who went with me, and he got quite queasy at the noise.

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

nothing says individual like jumping on a bandwagon.

your personality should be enough, eh? you dont need that stuff

• kid-A
    kid-A

I think they look cool. Enjoy these years in college and have some fun. Now is the time to experiment and express yourself and if you ever get sick of them, just take them out. I would love to get a tat, but I just know I would get bored of it in a couple weeks! LOL.

I'm curious about cartilage piercings though, does the skin grow over the edges of the piercing? If so, after a couple years, would there be permanent holes in those areas even if the barbells came out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit