RichieRich: Holier than thou?

by RichieRich 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    You must be very pain tolerant.
    The most unsettling part was actually the sound of the needle popping through my ear, and I had a friend who went with me, and he got quite queasy at the noise.

I actually puked when I popped a ring back through my girlfriends ear. I could not believe it. I am usually not so queasy. Yes that noise is so damn horrible!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

But Richie, I felt it vicariously. And piercings do affect some professions. My middle-aged-going-thru-a-crisis-sister was told recently to leave her nose piercing off at her new job at the law firm. And she had to cover all her tattoos with long sleeves and high neck sweaters. She looks awfully funny in a turtleneck when it's 105 degrees outside!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    But Richie, I felt it vicariously. And piercings do affect some professions. My middle-aged-going-thru-a-crisis-sister was told recently to leave her nose piercing off at her new job at the law firm. And she had to cover all her tattoos with long sleeves and high neck sweaters. She looks awfully funny in a turtleneck when it's 105 degrees outside!

I understand darling. All my tattoos can be covered by a tee shirt, and once my ears heal, i can def. remove those too, its not a problem. But technically, at Target, managerial staff are still entitled to wear whatever piercings they desire, so long as they are approved by the store manager and one other executive.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I worked at Target for several years; so we were both "Target Team members" at one time. My manager was quite the B_____ and everyone hated her; I used to call her Mrs. Spoon because she was always stirring up stuff!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

its them thar apostate demon horns you got!!

hehe keep on rockin richie!!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    You must be very pain tolerant.

I beg to differ. I believe that our sweet Richie is becoming a 'Pain Junkie'.

{{{Richie}}}

Hugs to you for Establishing and Legally Defending your Freedom.

-Aude.

• luna2
    luna2

Those are kinda cool, Richie...but better you than me. I almost barfed just getting regular earlobe piercings. LOL As for tatts...I think they are cool too. Thing is, you're pretty young yet, you might want to save some surface area for when you get older.

• earthtone
    earthtone

I got my tongue pierced. I couldn't eat for weeks. I lost a lot of weight. My husband con'd me into taking it out(said it wasn't professional looking Now I miss it. I was thinking of getting it repierced. You can buy clear tongue rings once it's healed and no one will know I have it. But I hear it hurts worst the second time around. But the thought of losing weight again is such a lure.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I just don't understand the mentality of someone who wants to be tatooed or pierced. What is the incentive, is it for yourself or for others who will be looking at you? Do you get some type of special feeling or something? Maybe fit into a special group of contemporaries or something like that? Just wondering.

Ken P.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I've got two tattoos, they're small and simple and don't show, and I got them for myself, mostly. They both mean something to me, and I designed them myself.

I have to admit that one reason to get one, is to know what it does, that little needle. I also think they can be very beautiful, when not overdone, and when you chose well. It's not something to do when you're drunk or on a whim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit