Its Over

by diamondblue1974 29 Replies latest social relationships

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

There are some of you that know this already but for those that dont and that are interested to know I decided a few weeks ago to end what was a relatively short relationship with and marriage to, Elaine.

I dont take these decisions lightly and the last few months have silently been hell whilst I try to get a grip on my thoughts and feelings and the decisions ahead; When two people are simply too fundamentally different and do not provide for each other in the way that they should, in my view not a lot can be done and this is the situation I found and find myself in.

I know a few of you might have met Elaine and for those that have I dont wish for you to think any ill of her. I dont apportion any real blame other than on us both for the breakdown; shes still the same person you met and has some fantastic qualities. As you can possibly guess our parting is completely amicable and I do not doubt it is for the best and as always I have no regrets over history and the decisions arising out of it.

One thing that I have to say is that had I been a witness at this point then my decisions and actions might have come under some considerable criticism and judgement and I know for sure I would have probably been ostracised on account of my actions; my real friends have stood by me (even though they might not have agreed), they have been honest and objective in their advice and support and I am eternally grateful for this.

For those on here that have shown that same support, thank you!

DB74 (Gary)

• badboy
    badboy

SAD TO HEAR!

• lowden
    lowden

Gary

In a similar situation myself at the moment.

Time to rebuild now though. Onward and Upward.

Peace

Lowden

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Gary,

I knew, of course, but never met Elaine.

Any marriage coming to an end is a sad occasion but I think you have handled things admirably. Only you and Elaine know - I mean really know - that the relationship could go no further. The fact that things are so amicable is testimony to your maturity and mutual understanding.

Claire and I wish you both a wonderfully happy future in your separate ways!

Looking forward to meeting up with you again at the APOSTA CURRY - if not before!

(((((((((Manly Hugs)))))))))),

Ian

• Gill
    Gill

((((( Gary )))))

Sorry to hear that Gary.

Tomorrow is another day, however. You will be happy again, even though it doesn't seem like it at the moment.

All the best to you.

Gill

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((Gary)))

You tried your best, sometimes it just doesn't work out. I do believe that events happen and people come into our lives for a reason which may not be clear to us for a long time.

Look to the future.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Gary, its really brave of you to end it sooner rather than letting it go on for years, and being unfair to both of you. You have given both of you the opportunity to find happiness again.

(((((hugs to both of you)))))

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

(((Gary)))

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this

love

Linda

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

wow sorry gary...that did come as a surprise

(i did wonder why you were going to curry alone...thought it was just circumstances....wasnt aware you had been at bbq alone too)

hope you get everything sorted...and if you see elaine at some point tell her i said hi

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Awww geez (((( Gary )))) Congradu-dolences to you. Splitting up, no matter how good the intent, is always a mixed bag.

Did I meet Elaine at the barbie? if I did, I totally have forgotten - sorry.

Hugs to you friend.

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit