The watchtower admit to being a false religion!

by fullofdoubtnow 22 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

You're right Linda. The truth stands on its own. And they are guilty of covering over abuse just as those they denounce. Furthermore, I like what Ian wrote:

Watchtower DOES have paid clergy! COs and DOs are given an allowance and a brand new car to get about in. PLUS, in our congregation we always donated money to them to "help them get by."

OK, the allowance isn't much - but I never saw any overseers starving, threadbare and driving around in rust buckets.

Ian

And the Circuit Overseers have to give their approval of brothers who are suggested for becoming elders. Also, by the press the local elders are recognized as the spokesman and authority for the local congregations.

Juni

• Dansk
    Dansk

Linda & Trev!:

However, one of the things Trev and myself have been doing this past few days is sending copies of the forthcoming tract to churches in the area, so they have the tract before most of the dubs see it. We also invited anyone who wanted further information to contact us, and a few have, so we have responded by sending them some, including an article Trev wrote a while ago on child abuse amongst jws. Hopefully, they will use what we have given them wisely, and the dubs will get a reception they haven't bargained for when they start their tract campaign in October!

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!!

I know this is asking a lot - and I know all of us should do likewise before the October push - but it would be a good idea to photocopy all you've mentioned and do your own campaign in your area (posting through letterboxes) before Watchtower delivers its tracts. That way, it will be fresh in people's minds and they will be prepared!

Ian

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Talk about skeletons and dead mans bones. They are worse than the religions of this world.

Once again they put their foot in their mouths. They have the nerve to say what ever they want to about other religions, however these other religions don't make a pretext of being perfect like the WTNS.

And you can be damn sure that plenty witnesses are secret gays and are in postions of responsibilities in the organization.

Gee lets see there were those who were very open about their sexuality in the organization, lets start with Leo Greenlee's and Percy Chapman, both me professe d being members of the 144,000 and have sullied the name of God more then those who are honest about their live style. Such hypocrites.

And yes that last statement in the track is indicative of their corruption.

How dare they point their finger at other relgions before looking closer at their own.

I hate them for their lying hypocritical decietful ways in which they make every one else look evil and yet are more evil because of their stinging lies.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I get so mad I could spit...

Orangefatcat

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Linda,

It's not my words, it's a quote from the new wt tract that they are distributing in October.

I know this. I also understand the point that you are trying to make. I am only saying that they should have worded their sentence a bit better. It is ambiguous.

Similar to saying that their magazine - The Watchtower is published bi-monthly. Does that mean twice a month - or once every two months.

I used to get a kick outta reading things, and getting dual-meaning out of it.

Sorry to have spoken (typed). Back to your thread.

Regards,

Jim TX

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    it would be a good idea to photocopy all you've mentioned and do your own campaign in your area (posting through letterboxes) before Watchtower delivers its tracts. That way, it will be fresh in people's minds and they will be prepared!

It is a good idea Ian, and we have thought of doing it, as much as time allows. Also, the editor of our local paper is both a friend of Trev's and anti - jw, so Trev has contacted him. He is prepared to print a letter, and maybe the tract if there is space. It would be a good idea, I think, for everyone to contact there local paper to get the word out regarding the dubs intentions.

Trev has written a fair bit on the wts, none of it complimentary of course, and a couple of the churches in the Derby area are now in possession of some of it. Another idea he had is to put all his stuff on a cdrom, along with other stuff he has copied, and distribute that locally. Again, it's all down to having time to do all this, but we will do our best.

As for the tract, at least 20 churches in the area have it already. They are all on email, and the ones that aren't will be receiving postal copies this week.

Linda

• Dansk
    Dansk

Trev and Linda,

I salute you!

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    . I am only saying that they should have worded their sentence a bit better. It is ambiguous

I agree with you on that Jim. It's no differrent from most of the things they publish, like "armageddon is just around the coner" (how long have they been saying that!), and the tract title iself: "the end of false religion is near".

Obviously, they can't (daren't?) be specific, but yes, such statements, and I am sure we can all think of many more, are, probably deliberately on their part, ambiguous.

Linda

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

The WTS line will be that they have leaders who commit this crime, it is not TOLERATED. After all, don't they df them? The fact that the reality is at times something else is something you have to have experienced to know.

• blondie
    blondie
    Where's Blondie? I know she could find such an article. And I know for a fact that such [an] article(s) exist(s).

Actually, the WTS shoots themselves in the foot with this one by saying they do not have a clergy class but then hides behind the clergy-penitent laws when it comes to reporting information on child abuse cases to the secular authorities.

• avengers
    avengers

"the end of false religion is near".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit